New Jethro Tull album spring 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tough crowd.

Forgot this one: Has Bruce Soord lowered his standards or just bad taste?
I bought The Zealot Gene and I like it. I will also buy Ian’s next album, even if his vocals sound like Lee Marvin trying to sing his lines from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. After all, how many artists have been as committed as Ian to releasing his material, past and present, in surround sound.

I bought The Zealot Gene and I like it. I will also buy Ian’s next album, even if his vocals sound like Lee Marvin trying to sing his lines from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. After all, how many artists have been as committed as Ian to releasing his material, past and present, in surround sound.
Totally! I will buy it too, and with Bruce doing the mix, what's not to like. I don't mind Ian's vocals at all. I mean, he's not so young these days.

Totally! I will buy it too, and with Bruce doing the mix, what's not to like. I don't mind Ian's vocals at all. I mean, he's not so young these days.
Somewhere in the echoing recesses of my mind (and there are a few) I remember him getting a horrendous and serious bug on tour in Australia which damaged his vocal chords.

Somewhere in the echoing recesses of my mind (and there are a few) I remember him getting a horrendous and serious bug on tour in Australia which damaged his vocal chords.
I was at that show in Melbourne 1994 when his voice was shot

Under Wraps - "I think it was a great album in terms of sound, in terms of actual song, particularly I was singing really well. The best I've ever sung was on that album. Sadly it was the singing of that material on tour in 1984 that actually caused the difficulties with my larynx. Whether it was the nature of the songs or just the intensity of it I don't know, but it was a shame." - Ian Anderson 1993

Ginnungagap

fb.watch/i7TeHHstdz/

https://jethrotull.proboards.com/thread/2035/news-tullcentral?page=7
DSCN0205-2.jpg
325600878-718431376334382-6314677288324597422-n-2.jpg
323945582-697606825343435-6470568528340990054-n-2.jpg

https://themusicuniverse.com/jethro-tull-announces-23rd-studio-album/

RökFlöte is due Apr 21st​

Jethro Tull has announced that its 23rd studio album, RökFlöte, will be released on April 21st via InsideOutMusic. Following 2022’s The Zealot Gene, the band’s first album in two decades, Ian Anderson and the band are returning with a 12-track record based on the characters and roles of some of the principle gods of the old Norse paganism, and at the same time exploring the RökFlöte — rock flute — which Jethro Tull has made iconic.

The announcement also sees the launch of the album’s first single, “Ginnungagap,” and accompanied lyric video created by Costin Chioreanu. The track takes inspiration from the god Ymir, the proto-being, a primeval being, who was born from venom that dripped from the icy rivers called the Élivágar and lived in the grassless void of Ginnungagap.

RökFlöte will be available on several different formats, including two limited deluxe formats that include bonus demo material, extensive liner notes and a Blu-ray featuring Dolby Atmos, 5.1 surround sound, alternative stereo mixes by Bruce Soord, as well as a bonus track and in-depth interview with Anderson. The album will also be available digitally in the spatial audio formats Dolby Atmos and Sony 360 RA.

“The title of this offering went through a little change or two along the way. I started with the idea of a predominantly instrumental album for rock flute – as in rock music,” Anderson explains. “When the subject material of the album presented itself, I was drawn to the term Ragnarök from Norse mythology – their version of apocalyptic end times or Biblical Armageddon. The ‘final showdown’ scenario is ubiquitous and inherent in Hinduism, Christianity and Islam, for example. Ragnarök translates as ‘destiny of the Gods,’ the rök part meaning destiny, course, direction. With umlaut firmly in place, courtesy of the Germanic origins of Old Norse, Flute became Flöte in keeping with the spelling. With me so far? I just can’t miss the glorious opportunity for a good and legitimate umlaut.”

Jethro Tull continue live dates this year, with shows in mainland Europe.

1. Voluspo
2. Ginnungagap
3. Allfather
4. The Feathered Consort
5. Hammer On Hammer
6. Wolf Unchained
7. The Perfect One
8. Trickster (And The Mistletoe)
9. Cornucopia
10. The Navigators
11. Guardian’s Watch
12. Ithavoll