New Jethro Tull music The Zealot Gene 1st in 22 years!!! CD/BluRay Jan. 18

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Thick as a Brick 2 and Homo Erraticus should be Jethro Tull albums.
Or The Zealot Gene should be Ian Anderson album.
:)

I received the CD/BRD set in record time from Amazon US. I haven't played the 5.1 yet, only stereo in the car. I did read a good portion of the artbook while ripping. Some ramdom thoughts.

Whoever said the style reminds them of TAAB2 is spot on.

It's going to take some time for me to warm up to this.

The subject matter is rather unique, as the lyrics are all based on biblical text passages.

The set itself is quite a departure from the Tull reissue series book format style. This one is close to the size of an LP. Another storage problem. Why, oh why?

I can't recall hearing anything like what is on CD#2 before. There are some normalish demos and then several tracks labeled as "initial Idea demos". On the latter, IA verbally points out how the track is to be constructed... where verses go, where the chorus goes, chord progressions, basic melodies, etc. Many of them are very brief, most are instrumental only.

Last edited:
Just arrived, listening later tonight.

4A5B7B8A-B44F-4EA2-A579-C902DABAC4C1.jpeg

The set itself is quite a departure from the Tull reissue series book format style.
This one is close to the size of an LP.
Another storage problem.
Why, oh why?

It sits on my shelf a perfect match for Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited Live at RAH, Liquid Tension Experiment 3, and the PF Immersion Boxes.

I am delighted to get a readable large-format hardcover art book for my aging eyes and happy to pay a premium for it.
Different strokes for different folks...

Its not as descriptive as it should be. It says its a 3 disk set, but doesn't mention a blue ray. But its the right set.

Jethro Tull - The Zealot Gene - Amazon.com Music

Thanks for the link LMQ as I too could not find the package via an Amazon search. I was a bit flustered as I thought that perhaps the 5.1 was only available in the $110 super deluxe edition. I'm so pleased that IA is maintaining the release of reasonably priced sets in the $40 to $50 range. I'd probably buy more stuff that I was unfamiliar with (or lukewarm on) if the sets were priced in this range.

My Deluxe The Zealot Gene arrived last night. I know I will like the surround as I already listened to the stereo on Tidal and the music is good.
I was flipping through the book and noticed the Biblical pictures, then I noticed the Bible passages which intrigued me.
Generally speaking I am not a big reader of all with Deluxe Box Sets, but this one I think I will read front to back as I find it interesting an old rocker brings bible passages to the masses, I want to read what it is all about coming from Jethro Tull.
I know most here on QQ do not like Deluxe Box Sets and prefer standalone if available, but many times a Deluxe Box Set brings you the reading companion for a better understanding of the artist.

My Deluxe The Zealot Gene arrived last night. I know I will like the surround as I already listened to the stereo on Tidal and the music is good.
I was flipping through the book and noticed the Biblical pictures, then I noticed the Bible passages which intrigued me.
Generally speaking I am not a big reader of all with Deluxe Box Sets, but this one I think I will read front to back as I find it interesting an old rocker brings bible passages to the masses, I want to read what it is all about coming from Jethro Tull.
I know most here on QQ do not like Deluxe Box Sets and prefer standalone if available, but many times a Deluxe Box Set brings you the reading companion for a better understanding of the artist.
It is pretty interesting actually. It is inspired by bible passages, but its not religious at all. The 1st track, Mrs Tibbets is about the mother of the guy who dropped the A bomb on Japan. The bible passages describing the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah were the inspiration. Cool.

Sorry & sad. I do not like this album at all. Good music ruined by the vocal.

...are we here for the glory, for the story, for the gory satisfaction of telling you how absolutely awful you really are?

Back