New Joni Mitchell Interview

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonik Wiz

đź‘‚ 500 MPH EARS đź‘‚
QQ Supporter
Man, I can't even remeber the last time I read an interview article by Cameron Crowe. I also can't remember the last time I read an article about Joni Mitchell. But they both came together today:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...-interview-archives-early-years-cameron-crowe
Ms Mitchell is releasing a collection of her earliest work & Crowe had some questions about it. And other facets of her life. Towards the end of the piece there's even something that reminds a bit of an early scene in Almost Famous. It's a good read!

Man, I can't even remeber the last time I read an interview article by Cameron Crowe. I also can't remember the last time I read an article about Joni Mitchell. But they both came together today:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...-interview-archives-early-years-cameron-crowe
Ms Mitchell is releasing a collection of her earliest work & Crowe had some questions about it. And other facets of her life. Towards the end of the piece there's even something that reminds a bit of an early scene in Almost Famous. It's a good read!

A lovely interview, SW. I was on the fence about purchasing this Joni Mitchell retrospective of early recordings but NOT ANYMORE. I was always a JM fanboy as I always considered her a true gift and treasure from our friendly neighbors to the North.

And happy she found a new friend in Puss 'n Boots

3024.jpg

I have always loved how interviewers will ask her a question and kind of try to seem like they know what she's going to say, that she will agree with them, and she says, "No" or "Not really" or "It wasn't like that", etc. Almost like they were/are trying to complicate things as they are wont to do and she brings them to reality. Her reality.

They never did/will figure her out.

As great a compliment it is to call her a treasure, it's still an understatement.

Doug

A lovely interview, SW. I was on the fence about purchasing this Joni Mitchell retrospective of early recordings but NOT ANYMORE. I was always a JM fanboy as I always considered her a true gift and treasure from our friendly neighbors to the North.

And happy she found a new friend in Puss 'n Boots

3024.jpg

Yes that's a great pic of her with the kitten. Looks worthy of being posted in the QQ Critters thread. And after all these years, still rockin' that beret:

1603838032916.png

Except for The Circle Game I'm pretty much unaware of her early creations. I only really sat down & paid attention with the CD-4 releases. I still love those albums but I know many early fans dislike it because she turned less folksy & more jazzy. I looked at her website & found out her very 1st recorded performance was at a radio station in '65 playing House of the Rising Sun just a year after The Animals released it.

I see that the early years is all previously un-released material. Out takes, interviews, stage performances. I'm not sure I'd shell out for a package like that but this has sure got me revved up to listen to some studio stuff from that time period.

Ditto, pretty much. I guess I would have to say Hissing is my current favorite but it changes. Ah, those sprinklers! I love how she just laughs at big yellow taxis taking away her old men.

Doug

That interview is actually part of the liner notes for the collection.

Back