New member: Atherton, Far North Queensland Australia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonard Arnolda

Hi
My name is Leonard Arnolda,
I have been interested in recorded music since about 1973 or so. I have only had stereo systems and am interested in setting up a multichannel system.
I live remotely: Atherton, Far North Queensland Australia and so can no longer drop in to a shop that sells audio equipment.
Current system includes
computer based audio using Jriver and downloads through Chord qutest Stax srm006ts and SR009s
I am planning to build a music room as I don't have a space to listen at present
Linn Sondek LP 12 with Fidelity Research cartridge
Primare BD32 MkII
Quad 99 and 909
I have had problems with Quad speakers; ESL 63s and then ESL 2912 both damaged in moves. No insurance pay out on first when Quad said that damage to ESL 63s not caused by move. No response from quad when brand new ESL2912s suffered same problem as 63s.
Not entirely happy with current speakers Bosendorfer VC7 E
Keen to find out more about multichannel audio
Mostly listen to Classical Music and Jazz

Greetings from up over!

My first “surround” setup was simply a couple of terrible speakers that sounded a lot different than the front pair. Certainly not anything meeting artistic intentions, but cool enough at the time.

Have fun with your new hobby, but watch your wallet.

Hi
My name is Leonard Arnolda,
I have been interested in recorded music since about 1973 or so. I have only had stereo systems and am interested in setting up a multichannel system.
I live remotely: Atherton, Far North Queensland Australia and so can no longer drop in to a shop that sells audio equipment.
Current system includes
computer based audio using Jriver and downloads through Chord qutest Stax srm006ts and SR009s
I am planning to build a music room as I don't have a space to listen at present
Linn Sondek LP 12 with Fidelity Research cartridge
Primare BD32 MkII
Quad 99 and 909
I have had problems with Quad speakers; ESL 63s and then ESL 2912 both damaged in moves. No insurance pay out on first when Quad said that damage to ESL 63s not caused by move. No response from quad when brand new ESL2912s suffered same problem as 63s.
Not entirely happy with current speakers Bosendorfer VC7 E
Keen to find out more about multichannel audio
Mostly listen to Classical Music and Jazz
The welcomes on here from south of the border might change come Wednesday night. Doesn't concern me as I grew up in Adelaide where League was a non-issue, but having moved to NSW in 1981 I have to say that 2015 Grand Final with Thurston kicking the golden point in extra time was one of the best matches of any sport I've ever watched. What a player he was.

The welcomes on here from south of the border might change come Wednesday night. Doesn't concern me as I grew up in Adelaide where League was a non-issue, but having moved to NSW in 1981 I have to say that 2015 Grand Final with Thurston kicking the golden point in extra time was one of the best matches of any sport I've ever watched. What a player he was.

That was a golden era for Broncos Vs Cowboys games. Personally I thought the grand final less great because of the silly way the Bronco's played dead towards the end to just prevent the Cows scoring; they kind of deserved to lose. All of the Broncos VS Cowboys games around that time were awesome. Many to over time; super close, hard fought battles.

Back