New Nosound album "Allow Yourself" (5.1 FLAC files with Burning Shed preorder)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't listened to all links yet...but I've been looking for the Afterthoughts 5.1 DVDA/DVDV + CD in between chores. Anyone got a lead besides Amazon? This old retiree can't pay nearly $50. If nothing else I've seen a used one from the UK I may go for. I know it doesn't directly benefit nosound, but Burning Shed & the nosound web site don't list the DVD of Afterthoughts at all that I can see......
To be honest, I just hardly ever collect stereo music for years now, although I DO make some exceptions I'd rather 5.1, even if it's DTS.
...and thanks much to nosound for providing links to the videos! People here are super.

These first presses literally went all out of press, and is very expensive for the label to repress them after years still with all that packaging and two discs (unless you are Pink Floyd that can sell huge numbers at every re-press).

So yes as someone else said, is not beneficial to me but there are going to be still places having those old copies, and Discogs is your friend for this :)

Thanks for the interest, always good to have places to be in direct contact with fans that are more 'sound quality' aware than others :)

Ok prepare your wallets for the pre-sale which will be announced on :censored:...………….

I've just road tested a binaural version of the first video-track that'll appear, and its a pretty good effect. It is produced from the 5.1 mix (which is up to Giancarlo's usual high :51QQ standard), you do get a wider sound-field with the binaural. How you hear binaural depends I think on how each listener perceives sounds around them. I got a much better result from listening through my Sennheiser HD580 headphones than the in-the-ear Apple buds I use with my phone. So I hear an oval sound-field with the long axis from ear-to-ear, with the rear channels slightly behind and slightly below! Front channels slightly in front, and also between the ears. To me the stereo only version sounds much 'flatter' and only between the ears. I also did a comparison with Can's "Flow Motion" Binaural album, and I hear it with a very similar sound-field.

The track I've tested, like the others I've heard is a grower (like most of the albums I really like), so on first listen you hear something that catches your attention, but can't quite pin it down, then it gets better each time you hear it. Luckily my neighbours are fairly deaf as I've played the 5.1 mix of the track quite loud quite a few times. So as Giancarlo has said this album is different, think of a union of Nosound-Sigor Ros-Radiohead. IMHO it is/will be a breakthrough album for the band.

Last edited:
I checked today and found out that there's a new edition of Sol29. No surround, but at its current price, I'll order it together with the new album

Of Sol29 is unlikely we'll ever have a surround because the original multitracks are 'lost', or not useable, so we have only the master stereo and I don't like any kind of upmix :)

Getting ready for tomorrow..

Of Sol29 is unlikely we'll ever have a surround because the original multitracks are 'lost', or not useable, so we have only the master stereo and I don't like any kind of upmix :)

Getting ready for tomorrow..
Uhmmm, if you ever feel like, re-recording the album would be an alternative. Too costly and effort consuming (not to mention the difficulty of recreating the vibe), but would be better than the upmix.
Looking forward to the official announcement tomorrow!

Uhmmm, if you ever feel like, re-recording the album would be an alternative. Too costly and effort consuming (not to mention the difficulty of recreating the vibe), but would be better than the upmix.
Looking forward to the official announcement tomorrow!

I'm afraid re-recording will not happen, I'm definitely against such things as I think a record has a soul in his original recording, and that soul is to be left untouched (if not remastered in case it sounded bad)...but I think is good to have all the others in surround :)

Looking forward to Thursday as well!

Giancarlo, just for my curiosity, how did you make the binaural mix? (Did not listen to it yet, it'll have to wait until tomorrow, busy evening in the end)

I'd be curious to know also. I've actually never heard a binaural mix before, but I do know the new Tesseract was mixed for binaural - I've been meaning to pick that one up.

Love the new song. A lot of interesting instrumentation going on; should make for a fun surround mix!

Also, seems to be a bit of a detour from the previous albums, so I'm intrigued to hear the rest. Oddly enough, my favorite song from Scintilla ended up being the most non-Nosound sounding song (wow, that's an interesting combination of words :LOL:), Sogno e incendio. Beautiful song and video. Can't wait to hear more

I'd be curious to know also. I've actually never heard a binaural mix before, but I do know the new Tesseract was mixed for binaural - I've been meaning to pick that one up.

Love the new song. A lot of interesting instrumentation going on; should make for a fun surround mix!

Also, seems to be a bit of a detour from the previous albums, so I'm intrigued to hear the rest. Oddly enough, my favorite song from Scintilla ended up being the most non-Nosound sounding song (wow, that's an interesting combination of words :LOL:), Sogno e incendio. Beautiful song and video. Can't wait to hear more

I've just heard the whole album in stereo for the first time. I really do like it, IMHO it deserves to sell by the bucket load. I found it musically emotive, haunting, captivating, powerful. Yes a departure from previous albums, but a really successful change that still has that 'trademark' Nosound musical feel, vocals are great, a lot of effort has gone into them. "Don't You Dare" is probably more of a 'shock' than some of the other tracks. I'll stick with my previous thought to describe the music as sounding like a merged Nosound/Sigur Ros/Radiohead

Back