New Atmos physical release: Riverside - ID.Entity (Jan 20)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also Burning Shed
https://burningshed.com/store/Insid...y?filter_tag=Riverside&filter_category_id=261Riverside’s long-awaited 2022 release ID.Entity kicks off Riverside's third decade in a remarkable way.

Produced by Mariusz Duda, the album extends and expands Riverside’s characteristic sound with a dynamic and revamped approach to the band’s classic formula.

Limited deluxe 2CD/Blu-ray edition in artbook. Contains 5.1 and Dolby Atmos mixes of the album and two bonus tracks

In English: Finally, the new studio album from RIVERSIDE, Poland's pioneering and leading progressive rock band! As a follow-up to the 2018 album 'Wasteland' which peaked at #13 in Germany, #28 in the Netherlands, #23 in Switzerland, #39 in Austria, #83 in the UK, #30 in Finland, #30 in France Having entered the charts at number 97, in the Czech Republic at number 59 and in Poland at number 1, the new album 'ID.Entity' expands on RIVERSIDE's signature sound, but in a revised and more dynamic form. Recorded and mixed in two studios (The Boogie Town Studio in Otwock with Paweł Marciniak and Serakos Studio in Warsaw with Magda and Robert Srzedniccy), the album was mastered by Robert Szydło and produced by Mariusz Duda of RIVERSIDE himself. 'ID. Entity' marks a remarkable start to the third decade in RIVERSIDE's career and will be available in the following formats: Ltd. Deluxe 2CD+Blu-ray Artbook, Ltd. 2CD Mediabook, CD Jewelcase, Gatefold black 2LP, Ltd. Gatefold Orange 2LP, Digital Album & Digital Album Deluxe.

Excited by this release as really like Riverside's music.
Had this in the newsletter yesterday from Riverside Fan Club:

"Just a message for you number two: the new album will be also released as a artbook in
limited edition. It will include 2CD + Blu-ray + 44 page booklet. And thanks to the courtesy
and simply Mariusz's sympathy for you, we will have it on sale !!! Unfortunately, only 300
copies, but we are very happy !!!, because it's a limited edition We could write more
about the content of this beautiful release, but it will be a few hours until tomorrow, and
then everything will be clear"

After seeing that a bluray included I sure was hoping that it would include a surround mix. Was really happy this morning seeing the information posted here, :)
I think the 300 copies listed would be what the the fan club get's as their allotment.

From the news release it says band leader Mariusz produced the album. I wonder if that means he did the surround as well as that would be very interesting if he did. I love it when the artist's take a hands on approach and learn how to produce their music in surround as who better to have the vision in surround of their own music then the artist. Steven Wilson was one of the first to do this and then Bruce Soord and Rob Reed came on board which was fantastic.
Ian O’Dougherty with his own project(Eolian) as well as with Ian Cooke and now Dave Kerzner has joined the surround world which is great.

also Burning Shed
https://burningshed.com/store/Insid...y?filter_tag=Riverside&filter_category_id=261Riverside’s long-awaited 2022 release ID.Entity kicks off Riverside's third decade in a remarkable way.

Produced by Mariusz Duda, the album extends and expands Riverside’s characteristic sound with a dynamic and revamped approach to the band’s classic formula.

Limited deluxe 2CD/Blu-ray edition in artbook. Contains 5.1 and Dolby Atmos mixes of the album and two bonus tracks
Just ordered

I was hoping Bruce Soord would get to do this one, loved his take on Love, Fear & The Time Machine (even though it was mixed from stems).

100% agree with you as I was so hoping that this new album was done by Bruce S.
Wasteland would have been so much better with his involvement as well.

I wonder if the cost of getting Bruce S. played into the decision making as with band's not being able to tour for a couple of year's everyone has to watch their spending even more now me thinks.

Being a member of Shelter Of Mine fan club, I was going to order the Limited Edition 2CD - BD off the Website but it was already sold out. I decided not to re-up my membership this year because it’s a joke. They still haven’t gotten their Website situated in English in a long time. I’ve went on there several times since becoming a member and gave up because I didn’t know what the heck I was ordering. I guess, I could’ve used a translator but why should I? If I hung around my Polish Grandmother more often when I was younger, I could have learned the language.

Perps. Burro. No Shelter website. Its brutal. It freaking sucks. But a click 'over there' gets you the Anglaise. Ya gots to look hard - but its there. I did not re-up my membership either. But I Did get that limited new Riverside release.. And I love the bands music

Good to see Amazon price matching LaserCD on this title, but already pre-ordered from LaserCD and not switching just to save $4 shipping. Now if only there was a cheaper alternative to Napalm Records wonky wooden box for Katatonia's Sky Void Of Stars with Atmos disc.

Back