New Prince Vault Release Announced w/ 5.1/Atmos Blu Ray of a 2011 Show

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on, man ... it’s a total money grab by the estate. There is a REASON Prince never released this stuff ... it’s just muddying the water ... in my opinion. Love the man - he was a genius and I was privileged to see him live twice ... but releasing these ‘vault’ recordings are going to do his legacy a disservice. Also - his output over the last few years was spotty at best ...

I won’t be falling for it.

Good 60 Minutes piece, though.

Come on, man ... it’s a total money grab by the estate. There is a REASON Prince never released this stuff ... it’s just muddying the water ... in my opinion. Love the man - he was a genius and I was privileged to see him live twice ... but releasing these ‘vault’ recordings are going to do his legacy a disservice. Also - his output over the last few years was spotty at best ...

I won’t be falling for it.

Good 60 Minutes piece, though.
Yeah great 60 Minutes show overall. For me it's about seeing another period of Prince in a BD concert, as to the sound quality, that's yet to be heard. But I never question the man's drive and ability to put on a great show. He was a bit like Roy Batty I suppose, "the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long and you burned so very very brightly Prince"...

Yeah great 60 Minutes show overall. For me it's about seeing another period of Prince in a BD concert, as to the sound quality, that's yet to be heard. But I never question the man's drive and ability to put on a great show. He was a bit like Roy Batty I suppose, "the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long and you burned so very very brightly Prince"...

So, JP, was Prince a REPLICANT? But I did enjoy the part where Prince forgot the combination to his vault.......priceless!

I don't recall ordering through Popmarket before :unsure:
https://www.popmarket.com/welcome-2-america-deluxe-2-lp-1-cd-1-blu-ray/194398661612
Here's importCDs, $90.08- but are they free shipping and what about taxes? (and since I'll have to eat Vinyl on this T.O.M.B.S., I want the lowest price I can get for GOS sakes!)
https://www.importcds.com/welcome-2-america-deluxe-2-lp-1-cd-1-blu-ray/194398661612
For the record (lmao), my total price would be as follows:

ImportCD - $98.70
Popmarket - $91.15

Pop & Import are owned by the same company.

For the record (lmao), my total price would be as follows:

ImportCD - $98.70
Popmarket - $91.15

Pop & Import are owned by the same company.
Realized I have ordered from popmarket some before, went ahead and pulled the trigger, WTH. no shipping charges but got me for an additional $7.59 CA. sales taxes (TBS) for a total of $94.38 -ugh

TBS ???
TBSTablespoon
TBSTokyo Broadcasting System, Inc.
TBSTurner Broadcasting System (Time Warner, Inc.)
TBSThe Banana Splits (TV show)

No... the other one = Total Bull Shit :)

Realized I have ordered from popmarket some before, went ahead and pulled the trigger, WTH. no shipping charges but got me for an additional $7.59 CA. sales taxes (TBS) for a total of $94.38 -ugh

TBS ???
TBSTablespoon
TBSTokyo Broadcasting System, Inc.
TBSTurner Broadcasting System (Time Warner, Inc.)
TBSThe Banana Splits (TV show)

No... the other one = Total Bull Shit :)

Well, at least with that Cali Sales Tax, JP, you ARE contributing to the 5th Largest Economy IN THE WORLD!

See the source image

BAD HAIR DAY?

Well I thought this was interesting. An interview with the archivist/producer of the new Prince album:

https://www.startribune.com/from-un...ogs-the-contents-of-prince-s-vault/600048043/

Great read, SW ..... Glad to hear that I'm not the ONLY ONE who's disorganized at cataloging my unruly music/video collection!

Since ALL Prince's MULTI~TRACK master tapes presumably reside in the actual vault [and 'pre~vault'] and with other major artists releasing in surround, wonder if we'll EVER be privy to Prince's classic Warner Brother output in 5.1 or ATMOS. Probably a ways off since the Purple One's output was probably one of the most prodigious of any other artist in Rock or Pop history I conceivably know of!

See the source image
Hardly a 'sucker' for SURROUND! His BAD!!!!!

Last edited:
Great read, SW ..... Glad to hear that I'm not the ONLY ONE who's disorganized at cataloging my unruly music/video collection!

Since ALL Prince's MULTI~TRACK master tapes presumably reside in the actual vault [and 'pre~vault'] and with other major artists releasing in surround, wonder if we'll EVER be privy to Prince's classic Warner Brother output in 5.1 or ATMOS. Probably a ways off since the Purple One's output was probably one of the most prodigious of any other artist in Rock or Pop history I conceivably know of!

See the source image
Hardly a 'sucker' for SURROUND! His BAD!!!!!

I found another slightly older interview with Michael Howe in regards to Prince material. I think there are some good questions asked here & some insightful replies. Read far enough & you'll see the topic of access to multi-track tapes & 5.1 surround addressed:

https://superdeluxeedition.com/interview/princes-archivist-michael-howe-talks-to-sde/

I found another slightly older interview with Michael Howe in regards to Prince material. I think there are some good questions asked here & some insightful replies. Read far enough & you'll see the topic of access to multi-track tapes & 5.1 surround addressed:

https://superdeluxeedition.com/interview/princes-archivist-michael-howe-talks-to-sde/

NO WONDER THEY CALL YOU THE WIZ. Nice Read!

SDE: Because it’s reasonably common these days – perhaps more in prog rock circles – if you’ve got a multi-disc boxset to maybe put a blu-ray or a DVD in there and put a 5.1 mix, you know, as part of the overall offering…

MH:
Yes. I mean, there are guys obviously guys who do it very well, like Steven Wilson…

PRINCE Being mixed into 5.1 [or ATMOS] by Steve Wilson ...... A true marriage MADE IN HEAVEN.

See the source image

Last edited:
Back