New Prince Vault Release Announced w/ 5.1/Atmos Blu Ray of a 2011 Show

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But....

The fact that this has Atmos......would they really release an Atmos soundtrack that is just audience in rears? What would they do with the height speakers? So, I'd say, I'm cautiously optimistic that this should be pretty decent.
Remember the Rolling Stones Circus BD? I think it had Atmos, but the mix was mainly mono with some upmixing, if what I read is accurate.

Remember the Rolling Stones Circus BD? I think it had Atmos, but the mix was mainly mono with some upmixing, if what I read is accurate.
Not exactly a reasonable comparison. The Rolling Stones Rock Nā€™ Roll Circus was a live TV special recorded in 1968. One can reasonably assume that the live recording technology in 2011 and assets available to the reissue engineers are far superior - even if they mail it in.

Not exactly a reasonable comparison. The Rolling Stones Rock Nā€™ Roll Circus was a live TV special recorded in 1968. One can reasonably assume that the live recording technology in 2011 and assets available to the reissue engineers are far superior - even if they mail it in.
A far better comparison would be the Japanese issue of Princeā€™s Sign Of the Times Blu Ray (which I unfortunately purchased). It might as well have been re-purposed mono. I shall remain optimistic that this will at least provide superior fidelity.

My statement pertains to Atmos not equaling awesome surround. I could have chosen several other examples...

Looks interesting, with 2-3 day DHL tracked it would be about U.S. $76 (are their any issues with Japanese Blu-rays playing on U.S. machines?)
Nope. No prob at all. Since Blu-Rays first started coming out I have ordered many of Japanese origin, mainly from CD Japan, & had no issues with audio or video. Worst thing is sometimes, depending on title, navigating a menu that's only in Japanese.

Bump, new Prince coverage on 60 Minutes via CBS coming up.

Yo, watched it, JP. Over 8000 unreleased songs in the vaults.....Can you even wrap your head around that? With an average of 12 tracks per album, enough material for well over 666 New Prince albums! WHEW!

See the source image

Last edited:
Overall a very fascinating and revealing 60 Minutes. Chairman Powell of the U.S. Federal Reserve sees GDP growth in the 6-7% range for the year with low inflation. A researcher with D.A.R.P.A. sees accelerated infectious antibody development in the near future in less than 60 days, including one that may be a kind of virus silver bullet.

A couple things I noticed on the Prince section, was his musical director Morris Hayes showed a computer screen of what I believe was Welcome 2 America and it looked like the ending was pretty brick walled.

But I also found it encouraging that the bank overseeing the estate, called in Troy Carter, one-time Lady Gaga manager and Spotify executive, to sort out the music collection in "The Vault" at Paisley Park and unlock its value; and he's having all of Prince's master tapes digitized and stored at Iron Mountain. They're hoping to release something at least once a year... for years and years seems like!

Here's some info on the show-
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prince-welcome-2-america-60-minutes-2021-04-11/
PW2A.JPG

Last edited:
Overall a very fascinating and revealing 60 Minutes. Chairman Powell of the U.S. Federal Reserve sees GDP growth in the 6-7% range for the year with low inflation. A researcher with D.A.R.P.A. sees accelerated infectious antibody development in the near future in less than 60 days, including one that may be a kind of virus silver bullet.

A couple things I noticed on the Prince section, was his musical director Morris Hayes showed a computer screen of what I believe was Welcome 2 America and it looked like the ending was pretty brick walled.

But I also found it encouraging that the bank overseeing the estate, called in Troy Carter, one-time Lady Gaga manager and Spotify executive, to sort out the music collection in "The Vault" at Paisley Park and unlock its value; and he's having all of Prince's master tapes digitized and stored at Iron Mountain. They're hoping to release something at least once a year... for years and years seems like!

Here's some info on the show-
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prince-welcome-2-america-60-minutes-2021-04-11/
View attachment 65853

I missed the CBS 60 Minutes sp thanks for the link. I will watch later. All though there have been other posthumous releases of Prince this one is getting a lot of attention. My home page is Japan Today & there is an article via France about the album:

https://japantoday.com/category/ent...2-america'-due-in-july-five-years-after-death

Back