New Quad Video on YouTube

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerfo

Hello friends!

I wanted to let you all know that I posted an "everything you ever wanted to know about quad" video on YouTube the other day. I focus on SQ, QS, and CD-4 for the sake of time. I hope that you all enjoy watching and/or fact-checking it! :)

Hello friends!

I wanted to let you all know that I posted an "everything you ever wanted to know about quad" video on YouTube the other day. I focus on SQ, QS, and CD-4 for the sake of time. I hope that you all enjoy watching and/or fact-checking it! :)

That's what I wanted to say

Hello friends!

Enjoyed your video @Jerfo, you belong here!

Hopefully you're also taking advantage of DV & Sony SACD Quads (Caravanserai Japan 7"?)

Don't be such a ghost around here OK!

I really wish there was some way to put Quad on Youtube. A decade ago, I posted several videos using then cutting-edge techmology to record the sound AND video my Quadscilloscope to give people an idea of what went where. You just had to put it all together in your head.

"Love Her Madly" by the Doors was the top viewed one with about 40,000 views to date.
Others much, much less. I posted stuff from the Grass Roots, Santana, the Eagles (really got hammered for that one), Billy Preston, Marvin Gaye.... most saw no action and more people kvetched that "I can't hear the quad" or "why isn't it in HD?" :rolleyes:

I'm still toying with a few ideas for a Youtube channel of my own. That AMC Guy will cover the car stuff I want to do, the other is still in the amoebic stage.... thinking about calling it "The Rumpus Room". But.... all it would really be is myself pontificating about either my equipment or the music of the format.... and I just don't think I'm interesting enough to hold anybody's interest for 5 or more minutes. But we'll see.

It would just be nice to be able to exploit this very popular outlet to maybe gather more interest in the format.

Enjoyed your video @Jerfo, you belong here!

Hopefully you're also taking advantage of DV & Sony SACD Quads (Caravanserai Japan 7"?)

Don't be such a ghost around here OK!
Thank you for the kind words! And yes, I have some but not all of the Sony Santana SACDs, including the monster that is "Lotus." I wish I knew why "Caravanserai" hasn't gotten that treatment yet.

Thank you for the kind words! And yes, I have some but not all of the Sony Santana SACDs, including the monster that is "Lotus." I wish I knew why "Caravanserai" hasn't gotten that treatment yet.
I wouldn't worry about Lotus too much, and being from a live show always thought that one was a bit of a light weight as far as surround is concerned!

That may be OK depending on your expectations as to how live shows should be mixed for surround. Here's a Poll post from our esteemed member/creator @JonUrban if you haven't seen it yet:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/santana-lotus-sacd-japan.23343/#post-332546
And as far as Caravanserai; I'm with you all the way ;)

Cool video @Jerfo
I did a video a ways back, where I quickly roll Quad formats, starting with vinyl. Pretty sure I get some stuff wrong and I focus more on optical formats.
Might give you food for thought. Or you might think of some good critiques for me. Or have a laugh. Either way, here it is (I think it's the right one):

I really wish there was some way to put Quad on Youtube. A decade ago, I posted several videos using then cutting-edge techmology to record the sound AND video my Quadscilloscope to give people an idea of what went where. You just had to put it all together in your head.

"Love Her Madly" by the Doors was the top viewed one with about 40,000 views to date.
Others much, much less. I posted stuff from the Grass Roots, Santana, the Eagles (really got hammered for that one), Billy Preston, Marvin Gaye.... most saw no action and more people kvetched that "I can't hear the quad" or "why isn't it in HD?" :rolleyes:

I'm still toying with a few ideas for a Youtube channel of my own. That AMC Guy will cover the car stuff I want to do, the other is still in the amoebic stage.... thinking about calling it "The Rumpus Room". But.... all it would really be is myself pontificating about either my equipment or the music of the format.... and I just don't think I'm interesting enough to hold anybody's interest for 5 or more minutes. But we'll see.

It would just be nice to be able to exploit this very popular outlet to maybe gather more interest in the format.
Go for it @Q-Eight ! You had me at "The Rumpus Room" LOL.

And you have a significant wealth of experience and knowledge to draw from; I'm certain of that.

I have posted my QS recordings in the past. Just make sure the sample rate is high enough. I dumped my account years ago.

Back