New Richard and Linda Thompson Box Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh brother, all I really want it the Rumor and Sigh DVD w/5.1 that won't cost me my first born. :(
Only one on ebay will take $100 to get, fogetabotit.

No response as yet not even an acknowledgement - very frustrating.
I finally got a reply from my email request to Universal today, with a link to register my address for replacement discs, and another link and code to get downloads. It didn't seem very well organized. The address registration appeared to be just the sign-up page for their email mailing list, so I'm not very confident I'll get new CDs. For the download, I had to either create a new account, or sign in through a social media account, which would have given them access to post on my behalf, etc. So I reluctantly created a new account with my email address, and then was able to access the download page. The downloads are zipped WAV files, one per CD. At least they're providing full resolution, but it would have been nice to have a FLAC option so they weren't quite so gargantuan in size.

The whole thing's a mess, but the music sounds great, so all in all I'm still glad I bought it. Especially since it appears to be sold out. Unless you want to pay $500 for it on eBay or Discogs!

my REPLACEMENT DISCS ARRIVED! All is well--two discs in! My cost (with shipping from amazon.co.uk) was $68.68, so this has worked out to be a wonderful deal, and their catalog has never sounded better . . . though that may be cuz my ears have never been older! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

my REPLACEMENT DISCS ARRIVED! All is well--two discs in! My cost (with shipping from amazon.co.uk) was $68.68, so this has worked out to be a wonderful deal, and their catalog has never sounded better . . . though that may be cuz my ears have never been older! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
I got mine too, last week. In a thin cardboard mailer that had been torn fully open at some point during the long journey from England. Miraculously, the contents remained in place, undamaged. Then another set or two arrived the next day! I think I filled out the form for the replacement discs several times, because it wasn't clear that it "took" the first time, plus it was labelled as a sign-up for their mailing list. Then I emailed 'em for good measure. Not my intention to get more than my share, but I'll take corporate incompetence when it works in my favor... and original box set is totally sold out, from what I can tell. The replacement discs are in a fairly sturdy plastic case which should prevent warping, unlike the disc holder in the box. It's a happy ending, for a true Hard Luck Story!

Back