New "Rick Wakeman" album with Surround Option

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tame as the music is boring, for me, only me, not sure about others.
Yes, I'm listening to it on Apple now (2ch only) and mostly very mellow tunes.
Some almost a Classical type, for sure I'd call it Progressive Rock.
Personally I'm loving it, I hope the surround mix is good.

Again only an upmix. Is it worth to buy?
Source of your information please ?

Yes, I'm listening to it on Apple now (2ch only) and mostly very mellow tunes.
Some almost a Classical type, for sure I'd call it Progressive Rock.
Personally I'm loving it, I hope the surround mix is good.
Now that I've listened to the entire album I could definitely
live without the vocals on those tracks but Rick's playing is still stellar as always.
He's a God at the keyboards and since that's what I came for I'll give the 2ch a 9.
Still waiting on the multich mix before giving it overall rating.

I was excited for this release until I heard the previews with Hayley Sanderson’s vocals. She is talented but I just can’t get into her vocals.

So I spent the money on SDE’s Bob Dylan’s Atmos release 🤣

Also, someone earlier mentioned it being an upmix. How would we know that as fact?

0636551880176.jpg

I don't know why Rick would agree to just having an upmix released, not as though it's a decades-old recording whereby the original master tapes have been lost/degraded.

For the moment, I'll run my stereo version through the SM v.3. But for those who get the DVD and also have the SM to render a surround mix, I'd be interested in what you have to say about any comparison. Thanks in advance.

Playing my copy now.

Yep it's an Upmix...generally not too bad, imo, for an Upmix but why not have a full monty 5.1?

Hayley's voice is not doing it for me either...such a shame.

The album itself is slightly, tame but I'm enjoying it.

Rick is ace when tinkling with his ivories.
Mine still hasn't arrived, the carrier snail must be finding it too heavy!

Its irritating its an upmix, though Simon Heyworth has done good ones in the past.

Mine still hasn't arrived, the carrier snail must be finding it too heavy!

Its irritating its an upmix, though Simon Heyworth has done good ones in the past.
I expected mine to be delivered this morning (4 days since the shipping note) but no. Very disappointing it's an upmix, I'm guessing Wakeman is penny pinching, I wonder what the difference in price is between a proper surround mix and an upmix. As Duncan says, Heyworth did a decent job on The Red Planet so I'm hopeful I'll be at least half satisfied, the music, well that's a different matter, his output can be varied to say the least.

I expected mine to be delivered this morning (4 days since the shipping note) but no.
Me too, seems like all of us are having issues with slow delivery ?

Very disappointing it's an upmix, I'm guessing Wakeman is penny pinching, I wonder what the difference in price is between a proper surround mix and an upmix.
Haven't heard the mix yet but yea, that's disappointing.
As to the costs, it's not as like this is an old recording that the stems went missing for.
I don't get it.

I listened to the 2ch mix on Apple Music and that chick's voice is a real negative to my ears.

Rick is ace when tinkling with his ivories.
Yep, as a fledgling player myself, Rick is a God to me.
The Superman robe has always fit him in my eyes.

I expected mine to be delivered this morning (4 days since the shipping note) but no. Very disappointing it's an upmix, I'm guessing Wakeman is penny pinching, I wonder what the difference in price is between a proper surround mix and an upmix. As Duncan says, Heyworth did a decent job on The Red Planet so I'm hopeful I'll be at least half satisfied, the music, well that's a different matter, his output can be varied to say the least.
Did you get yours, mine hasn't arrived yet!

Back