New Steve Hackett and Chris Squire album in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capsid

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Reported here but no format mentioned. I'm not even sure it is the whole album in 5.1 but just a bonus disc.

The album will be released in the following formats - Standard CD - EANTCD 1002, Limited and Numbered Vinyl Edition - EANTLP 1002, Limited Edition 2 Disc Deluxe Edition (with hardback cover & 5.1 surround bonus disc) - EANTCD 2002

http://www.hackettsongs.com/news/newsGeneral37.html

Yes, this is unexpected as far as a surround added to this release. I hope they at least put a DTS on it and based as it's same record label that put out the Tony Banks-A Curious Feeling, thats probably what we will get as that title also came out as a hard book with a cd and dvdv(dts 5.1) with it.

Squackett? I can't decide if that's the worst band name ever or the best.

This isn't cheap at 17 pounds on Amazon uk.. anyone know of a cheaper site to get it?

This isn't cheap at 17 pounds on Amazon uk.. anyone know of a cheaper site to get it?

seems like none. amazon.ca list it for $37 and amazon.com for shameless $40
way too much for quite average product.
although i mainly enjoy listening to Hackett, in this case i'll pass

It does seem a bit steep but isn't the price relative? If it were a new (or old! yikes!) SACD or DVDA it'd be cheap,
compared to the recent crop of cd/dvd 5.1 combos it is a bit more to fork out for.

maybe this is a smaller label, or a smaller production run, hence increased retail price?

It does seem a bit steep but isn't the price relative? If it were a new (or old! yikes!) SACD or DVDA it'd be cheap,
compared to the recent crop of cd/dvd 5.1 combos it is a bit more to fork out for.

maybe this is a smaller label, or a smaller production run, hence increased retail price?

perhaps, but for such price they could include with title something sort of scarf, fake concert tickets or at least marbles. :)

that's strange, price tag and content seems like pretending to be an exclusive product, directed at audiophiles
(i don't believe that typical iUsers would shed out their $30 on this release) but at same time aren't include anything
for audiophiles.

isn't this showing that those producers absolutely have lost touch with realities but would be first in line to whine and
blame the consumers for the lack of interests to surround formats?

perhaps, but for such price they could include with title something sort of scarf, fake concert tickets or at least marbles. :)

that's strange, price tag and content seems like pretending to be an exclusive product, directed at audiophiles
(i don't believe that typical iUsers would shed out their $30 on this release) but at same time aren't include anything
for audiophiles.

isn't this showing that those producers absolutely have lost touch with realities but would be first in line to whine and
blame the consumers for the lack of interests to surround formats?

hahaha!!! no more bloody scarves! please! Or I'll lose my (pink floyd immersion box set..) marbles..!!! :eek:

FYI - My pre-order for this one shipped on the 2nd :banana:......

Back