New Surround From Rob Reed (Magenta) - Chimpan A "The Empathy Machine" available now (CD/DTS DVD-V)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the answer I got after mailing Tigermoth : " Thanks for your order… Yes there are 5.1 FLAC, but only available when you buy from the bands web site… Obviously the Cd/DVD has the DTS 5.1 files… which we’re hoping to start shipping monday. BUT here you go…"
I'm very grateful, and from now on I'll order directly from Tigermoth :)

I'm hoping that Rob will compile all of his solo EPs and mix them into 5.1 - Willow's Song, In Dulci Jubilo, Floral Dance, Doctor Who, David Bedford Themes (and any other off-cuts I've missed) There are quite a lot of demos/ alt mixes, etc. on those releases so once those tracks are removed there are about enough to make a nice album. (I do have a 5.1 Flac Willow's Song, that I think Rob gave away for free?)

I'm hoping that Rob will compile all of his solo EPs and mix them into 5.1 - Willow's Song, In Dulci Jubilo, Floral Dance, Doctor Who, David Bedford Themes (and any other off-cuts I've missed) There are quite a lot of demos/ alt mixes, etc. on those releases so once those tracks are removed there are about enough to make a nice album. (I do have a 5.1 Flac Willow's Song, that I think Rob gave away for free?)
That would be cool! Rob surely seems like the kind of fellow that has a TON of stuff recorded and stashed.

I’m just giving this album a listen, and I like it a lot. As it’s been a while since the last post, can anyone confirm that the 5.1 download is still offered, as there is no mention of it on the tigermoth website?
Also, I see there’s an option to purchase it with the Secret Wish ep. I’m presuming that this ep doesn’t come with a 5.1 download (wishful thinking on my part)?

I’m just giving this album a listen, and I like it a lot. As it’s been a while since the last post, can anyone confirm that the 5.1 download is still offered, as there is no mention of it on the tigermoth website?
Also, I see there’s an option to purchase it with the Secret Wish ep. I’m presuming that this ep doesn’t come with a 5.1 download (wishful thinking on my part)?

I bought the 5.1 dvd a few weeks ago and was never sent a download link. Here's where you can buy the dvd, which is excellent, both musically and surround wise:

https://www.tigermothshop.co.uk/store/Chimpan-A-c50867238

Very much enjoying the surround mix on this even the extra tracks on the disc are fantastic.
Rob does seem to get surround mixing all very tasteful
Of all the 5.1 sound engineers I've worked with, it's fair to say that Rob is the one that gets it most right first time. He's a perfectionist, he often writes with surround in mind and he uses all speakers as full range speakers. By the time I get them, his mixes need very little work.

Back