New Surround Master coming! Its a jump to the left and a step to the right

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Now it's "Flowers on the wall" by the Stattler Bros and it too sounds grate....
Interested in how you have your computer connected to your SM? I recently listened to a Bill Brent show online just with a cord from my computer’s headphone jack with dual RCA outs at the SM end; and it sounded fabulous! Of course his stuff is QS encoded, but still.

Scott65

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Interested in how you have your computer connected to your SM? I recently listened to a Bill Brent show online just with a cord from my computer’s headphone jack with dual RCA outs at the SM end; and it sounded fabulous! Of course his stuff is QS encoded, but still.
I use a Rotel RT12 for internet radio, FM radio and all other stereo sources:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I use a Rotel RT12 for internet radio, FM radio and all other stereo sources:
Wow, that’s a sweet piece of gear you lucky dog you! That kind of gear just warms my heart ❤
Maybe I’m a closet gear head and don’t realize it🤠
You know, I’ve got one of those Zektor switches; and they just have the one input, I could actually use something with up to 4 ins/outs. But don’t want some expensive pre/pro, just not sure 🤔 Any ideas?

Scott65

Wow, that’s a sweet piece of gear you lucky dog you! That kind of gear just warms my heart ❤
Maybe I’m a closet gear head and don’t realize it🤠
You know, I’ve got one of those Zektor switches; and they just have the one input, I could actually use something with up to 4 ins/outs. But don’t want some expensive pre/pro, just not sure 🤔 Any ideas?
Do you mean something like this:
although I think it only has one input though....

I connect the Rotel's outputs to the SM and use it's FM radio, DAB+ radio, and internet radio. I connect my oppo to the Rotel's Optical in port for all other 2 channel sources (cd, usb etc) :)

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Do you mean something like this:
although I think it only has one input though....

I connect the Rotel's outputs to the SM and use it's FM radio, DAB+ radio, and internet radio. I connect my oppo to the Rotel's Optical in port for all other 2 channel sources (cd, usb etc) :)
That's a good option yes thanks, I'm also thinking of hooking up my spare Slim Devices Squeezebox hooked wireless to my computer for playing ripped CDs through the SM. :p

Scott65

That's a good option yes thanks, I'm also thinking of hooking up my spare Slim Devices Squeezebox hooked wireless to my computer for playing ripped CDs through the SM. :p
looks very nice (y)

# Pupster's got a squeezebox, Daddy never sleeps at night # (apologies to the Who) :p

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
looks very nice (y)

# Pupster's got a squeezebox, Daddy never sleeps at night # (apologies to the Who) :p
One of the coolest devices ever IMO; Logitech later bought them out and came out with various models, including one with a larger display called a Squeezebox Touch ;); but then Logitech dropped the ball big time, and discontinued the line altogether, a real shame!

atrocity

Since 2002/2003
One of the coolest devices ever IMO; Logitech later bought them out and came out with various models, including one with a larger display called a Squeezebox Touch ;); but then Logitech dropped the ball big time, and discontinued the line altogether, a real shame!
I'm a fanatic for that system. The good news is that Logitech is largely irrelevant: It's really easy to build a box based on a cheap Raspberry Pi that functions as a Squeezebox only even more versatile (e.g., works up to 192kHz with no transcoding). The Pi can run LMS or can connect to another server.

I suspect that may have something to do with Logitech giving up on the system--the software was always open source and even while Logitech was still producing the hardware there were people sharing how to get the same bang for less buck.