New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today as my text message said it would. As others noted, not one piece of clear tape on the outside box to keep it from coming open. No problem though, complete with requested signatures on the bottom. So I will try to get it put in the system within the next few days. Great things are usually worth the wait.
With 850+ Lp's to listen to and make CD's of, I should get lots of enjoyment out of this. It has the potential of being the best money I may ever spend on a piece of audio gear.
Yippie Kia Yay.............

I am relieved. The lack of sealing tape is a USA customs thing.

TSS only works if you have the right head and are of high intelligence (like Dave the Bitch and me). Unfortunately there are about 15 categories of head

When I first tried it out sitting alone in the sweet spot I literally had to get up and put my ear next to the surround speakers to make sure they weren't firing. It was that convincing. Curiously, the effect was greatly diminished once someone sat next to me, but it was still there.

When I first tried it out sitting alone in the sweet spot I literally had to get up and put my ear next to the surround speakers to make sure they weren't firing. It was that convincing. Curiously, the effect was greatly diminished once someone sat next to me, but it was still there.
You are obviously very good looking and highly intelligent. My business partner Dawson just does not get any rear effect, just widening. We call him The Pud- it's short for pudding-head due to his heads inability to get virtual surround.

TSS only works if you have the right head and are of high intelligence (like Dave the Bitch and me). Unfortunately there are about 15 categories of head

Hi. chucky

I tried the TSS on a stereo output from my Sony TV and I was very surprised what effect I got there was a movie on so I sat for awhile and I swear I thought my back speakers were on I got the felling of the sounds were surrounding me then I went to one of the radio stations on the tv one was a classical station young pop rock music and I got the same effect sound almost behind me I had to get up and check the back speakers weren't on and I had the Sm v2 TSS on, great effect from 2 speakers..
BBQ...

Hi. chucky

I tried the TSS on a stereo output from my Sony TV and I was very surprised what effect I got there was a movie on so I sat for awhile and I swear I thought my back speakers were on I got the felling of the sounds were surrounding me then I went to one of the radio stations on the tv one was a classical station young pop rock music and I got the same effect sound almost behind me I had to get up and check the back speakers weren't on and I had the Sm v2 TSS on, great effect from 2 speakers..
BBQ...
My comment apply to you also!

Attached is a mini study we did with 11 test monkeys against a few other virtualisers. We find it works well with around 60%, the rest get some widening but who cares, they are clearly sub human.

Attachments

• TSS test report 3-converted.pdf
    108.6 KB · Views: 230
Well I got real lucky today and someone did there job right. The shipping label got completely torn off and the lady that delivered it, said they had to scan the bar codes to find out where it was going. most would have just tossed it into the lost and don't care pile.
Thank you guys for this will get to work on installing it. Then start on installing my old one into my car.

Last edited:
My comment apply to you also!

Attached is a mini study we did with 11 test monkeys against a few other virtualisers. We find it works well with around 60%, the rest get some widening but who cares, they are clearly sub human.

Like Dawson I just get a widening effect & not so much bass boost (as I mentioned elsewhere) since I keep fine tuning & the set up.

Anyways, I see the test set up was done on Logitech PC speakers and so on. In that setting I bet it would be quite a good enhancement. In a bigger two spekaer set up the effect might not be quite as noticeable.

Whether it is Polk magic speakers, JVC HRTF gear, Ambiophonics, etc usually pretty specific info is provided on speaker separation and speaker to listener distance. Any suggestions to optimize the TSS?

Like Dawson I just get a widening effect & not so much bass boost (as I mentioned elsewhere) since I keep fine tuning & the set up.

Anyways, I see the test set up was done on Logitech PC speakers and so on. In that setting I bet it would be quite a good enhancement. In a bigger two spekaer set up the effect might not be quite as noticeable.

Whether it is Polk magic speakers, JVC HRTF gear, Ambiophonics, etc usually pretty specific info is provided on speaker separation and speaker to listener distance. Any suggestions to optimize the TSS?
Try experimenting with the frontal speaker width and move to a more 1/1 ratio of width to distance to speakers or wear a hat

I was also going to suggest shaving your head bald....or maybe try this arrangement:

Last edited:
Back