New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Express parcels to Japan should have been delayed for 6-10 business days because of the Coronavirus, but it hasn't arrived in a month.
Did Australian Post forget my Surround Master v2?

> Most recent update
> Cleared and awaiting international departure
> MELBOURNE VIC
> Date & time Thu 14 May • 3:33am
>
> Shipping information received by Australia Post
> Mon 11 May • 12:58pm

Hi there, thanks for letting me know. I spoke with the shipping group this morning, they said that the parcel definitely was handed over to the airline carrier - there was a prescribed delay of 18 business days for the service to Japan due to the virus. That means it should have arrived approximately on 9/6/2020 - I was told that if it is not delivered by 23/6/2020 they can raise an enquiry with Japan Post. Hopefully it will arrive this week. If not, we'll make sure we send another one, with a different courier.

Sorry again for all this - we're unfortunate victims as well.

~David

Hi there, thanks for letting me know. I spoke with the shipping group this morning, they said that the parcel definitely was handed over to the airline carrier - there was a prescribed delay of 18 business days for the service to Japan due to the virus. That means it should have arrived approximately on 9/6/2020 - I was told that if it is not delivered by 23/6/2020 they can raise an enquiry with Japan Post. Hopefully it will arrive this week. If not, we'll make sure we send another one, with a different courier.

Sorry again for all this - we're unfortunate victims as well.

~David

Thank you David.
I'll wait another week.

Its a party trick that took some time to refine.....something about triband and heaps of work on defining dual slope attach and decay envelopes for each band.....and not getting corrupted logic by signals that have less "weighting".....and rms detectors

You mean when the thingamajig reacts with the doohickey...yea I noticed that too

Here are the details for my order:

Surround Master V2 order details.png

I can't wait to get it!

wow! i thought the difference was cosmetic and they were the same under the hood! what's different in the SM2?
The v.2 is tri-band, as opposed to single band on the original. It provides for more precise localization of sounds in pretty much any frequency. Sansui's QSD-1 also used this approach, but not for SQ. The new SM does it for both systems, and does QS still much better than the aforementioned Sansui.

The v.2 is tri-band, as opposed to single band on the original. It provides for more precise localization of sounds in pretty much any frequency. Sansui's QSD-1 also used this approach, but not for SQ. The new SM does it for both systems, and does QS still much better than the aforementioned Sansui.
Sorry V1 SM was also triband, the big difference was way faster IC's everywhere and more buffers here there and everywhere. Secretly the V3 is actually the best yet. The big difference turns out to be the -ve Voltage generator on V1 and V2 it produced around 6 V on the new one its at -9V. Does not sound like much but it really has opened it up. Both Dave the Bitch and I can really hear it.

Sorry V1 SM was also triband, the big difference was way faster IC's everywhere and more buffers here there and everywhere. Secretly the V3 is actually the best yet. The big difference turns out to be the -ve Voltage generator on V1 and V2 it produced around 6 V on the new one its at -9V. Does not sound like much but it really has opened it up. Both Dave the Bitch and I can really hear it.
ETA for V3?

ETA for V3?
Thats the one that has been sold around since the corona thing, the ones we are supplying now. We snuck some improvements in. We really did the change to the -V supply as a matter of "house keeping" but it turned out to just be better. Go figure. I might check this week if there is a simple way to make an add on board plugin for those adventurous enough to want an upgrade

I see, and stand corrected. But V3? Did I just buy something that's already obsolete????

Back