New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It hasn't arrived yet, but Oz Post tells me it's arrived in the US, and is slated for delivery soon.

Congratulations ITS A V3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the one that has been sold around since the corona thing, the ones we are supplying now. We snuck some improvements in. We really did the change to the -V supply as a matter of "house keeping" but it turned out to just be better. Go figure. I might check this week if there is a simple way to make an add on board plugin for those adventurous enough to want an upgrade
I’m fine and love my V2; I only asked because I can add a Zektor to my other system and another SM, lots of room still. And since Lurch stuck his foot out the door :giggle:

You have one of the version 1 Surround Masters, which accounts for the other $50. I hear the difference between the original, and the SM2, is night and day!

Interesting. Like Chucky, I have a lowly Surround Master 1 QQ Edition with Involve and SQ decoding.
Sounds like it might be time to send Involve Audio an order to upgrade to the SM2, Version 3!

Thats the one that has been sold around since the corona thing, the ones we are supplying now. We snuck some improvements in. We really did the change to the -V supply as a matter of "house keeping" but it turned out to just be better. Go figure. I might check this week if there is a simple way to make an add on board plugin for those adventurous enough to want an upgrade
Sign me up for the V3 plugin board upgrade. Now get to work on it Chucky and Overture! :p

OK, question. Did you ship the V3's in V2 boxes? And if you did, how would I tell the difference without opening it up and voiding the warranty? Enquiring minds want to know!

Oh, and by the way, I did listen to Atom Heart Mother in SQ. It performed quite nicely. Better than Audionics? Not sure, I'm judging from memory, but definitely as good as. But you have to remember, that SQ is the Audionic's fort'e. But the surround Master has the added extra of a center and subwoofer channel. I like that because my center channel speaker is the same as the others. Not a cut down version designed to fit under the TV monitor. However, last night it was amazing in QS mode with Spirit's "Twelve Dreams of Dr Sardonicus" I also played Deep Purple's "Fireball". That was a good listen as well, but not quite like TDODS.

Back