New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Raku

Yes I heard about this today - Dave discussed it with me. He is trying to track the failed delivery. Meanwhile we are sending a replacement one to you. I will ask its status and report back to you tomorrow.

Dave was in surgery last week on his lower back and is only 30 % functional this week, I think that was the problem in communication.

Talk soon
Thank you Chucky.
I want the package to arrive.
I'm tired of waiting.

Mine took about 2 weeks to arrive at UK customs in May / June time and then a couple of days in UK to get charged duty. Obviously everyones experiences will be different in these random times but my own experience was very rapid.

Duty in uk is about £60 if you use discount code. (I dont know if the parcel is declared at $600 or $500 on the parcel)

I understand, sorry about this deliveries have been wrecked all around the world recently. We have also been effected badly in our other solar power business similarly.
Hi Chucky

I received a tracking number email from DHL today.
I want it to arrive this time.

Hi Chucky

I received this SM from DHL today.
However, there is a problem with the ON/OFF switch.
It takes force to press the ON/OFF switch and it does not return.
Also, one screw on the rear panel is floating.
I don't have a screwdriver for this special screw.
I have not confirmed the operation by connecting the AC adapter.
What should I do.

DSCN0736-1.jpg
DSCN0737-1.jpg

Hi Chucky

I received this SM from DHL today.
However, there is a problem with the ON/OFF switch.
It takes force to press the ON/OFF switch and it does not return.
Also, one screw on the rear panel is floating.
I don't have a screwdriver for this special screw.
I have not confirmed the operation by connecting the AC adapter.
What should I do.

View attachment 55320View attachment 55321
Hi Raku

I am really sorry that this has happened and it looks like the fault is probably at our end, I am investigating. Meanwhile, are you able to chat with us directly on SKYPE or ZOOM ? If so I could:

1 Send you by express mail the correct screw driver
2 Get Chris our designer to demonstrate how to fix it

While you are waiting for the correct screw driver (if you cannot buy one locally- I will advise tomorrow the correct type), the unit should turn on and light up - so feel free to use it. This problem will get fixed one way or the other!

Again really sorry

Chucky

Hi Raku

First question, are you confident enough to open up the box and investigate? If not we will send another unit, when you receive it please send the defective unit back to us.

Assuming you are good with screw drives and simple mechanics
The tool needed is a 5/64 Allen key and a standard screwdriver for the rest, If you do not have it we can send you a set by express post, please inform.

Then to open the box, please refer to this thread but do not take of the front panel knobs. When you have done that we will advise you on the next step and potentially make a video of how to fix it.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...r-discussion-thread.26116/page-13#post-432916
It is your choice,

Sorry again

Chucky

Hi Raku

First question, are you confident enough to open up the box and investigate? If not we will send another unit, when you receive it please send the defective unit back to us.

Assuming you are good with screw drives and simple mechanics
The tool needed is a 5/64 Allen key and a standard screwdriver for the rest, If you do not have it we can send you a set by express post, please inform.

Then to open the box, please refer to this thread but do not take of the front panel knobs. When you have done that we will advise you on the next step and potentially make a video of how to fix it.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...r-discussion-thread.26116/page-13#post-432916
It is your choice,

Sorry again

Chucky
Hi Chucky

I mistake it for a Torx screw.
I have an Allen key.

Please make a video of how to fix it.
I can use ZOOM but I am not good at English.
I always use Google Translate.
Would you mind posting a video here or on YouTube?

Hi Chucky

I mistake it for a Torx screw.
I have an Allen key.

Please make a video of how to fix it.
I can use ZOOM but I am not good at English.
I always use Google Translate.
Would you mind posting a video here or on YouTube?
Hi Raku
Yep, no problem give me a day - Chris will make the video tomorrow

Regards

Chucky

I would prefer to use the ancient Attica measure of POUS (foot) @ 11.7 inches

Actually there's more but let's keep it simple

UnitGreek nameEqual toModern equivalentDescription
daktylosδάκτυλος
19.3 mm (0.76 in)​
finger
kondylosκόνδυλος
2 daktyloi​
38.5 mm (1.52 in)​
palaistē or dōronπαλαιστή, δῶρον
4 daktyloi​
77.1 mm (3.04 in)​
palm
dichas or hēmipodionδιχάς, ἡμιπόδιον
8 daktyloi​
154.1 mm (6.07 in)​
half foot
lichasλιχάς
10 daktyloi​
192.6 mm (7.58 in)​
orthodōronὀρθόδωρον
11 daktyloi​
211.9 mm (8.34 in)​
spithamēσπιθαμή
12 daktyloi​
231.2 mm (9.10 in)​
span of all fingers
pousπούς
16 daktyloi​
308.2 mm (12.13 in)​
foot
pygmēπυγμή
18 daktyloi​
346.8 mm (13.65 in)​
forearm
pygōnπυγών
20 daktyloi​
385.3 mm (15.17 in)​
pēchysπῆχυς
24 daktyloi​
462.3 mm (18.20 in)​
cleardot.gif

Once learning the beautiful perfection the metric system, one will never want to go back. For example, given adiabatic conditions, the temperature drops 1deg C with each 100 meters change in elevation. Try figuring that out using feet and degrees Fahrenheit.

As a Physicist, we NEVER used imperial units in thermodynamics. Thanks for the post.

In the UK we dropped the Imperial system years ago, well almost, apart from mph & yards, most measurements are metric. However, the weirdest is going and buying a piece of wood as a 2m length of 2"x2" as I did recently!
Between 1960 and 1988 Australia adopted the SI units. In 1970 the Australian parliament passed the metric conversion act, and the Australian building trades made it the standard in 1974.

Its funny, when I think of people height I think feet and inches and weight in pounds (sometimes) but I am probably equally comfortable in both. I cannot imaging the horrors in engineering reverting to the old imperial system. Same confusion exists in shoe size, I am a USA size 16 and a UK/ AUS size 15 ....Its all confusing. Hey my shoe size tracked my age between 5 to 13 years old, it slowed down a bit after 13, lucky as I would be a size 62 now if the trend continued!!

Between 1960 and 1988 Australia adopted the SI units. In 1970 the Australian parliament passed the metric conversion act, and the Australian building trades made it the standard in 1974.

Its funny, when I think of people height I think feet and inches and weight in pounds (sometimes) but I am probably equally comfortable in both. I cannot imaging the horrors in engineering reverting to the old imperial system. Same confusion exists in shoe size, I am a USA size 16 and a UK/ AUS size 15 ....Its all confusing. Hey my shoe size tracked my age between 5 to 13 years old, it slowed down a bit after 13, lucky as I would be a size 62 now if the trend continued!!
I measure my weight in Stone & pounds (as the number looks smaller than in kg!) :whistle:

Back