New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello the thread,
Im late to the party. Set my quad stuff in boxes a few years ago for a move and just got it out. (Some of it) I got the 4400 set up, and began thinking about QS decoding. Google via some other page here led me to the Surround Master, so i sourced one up. I dod not know at the time there was a v2 model...
Tonight i was playing with it (v1) and doing some more search and hit this thread. It talked about the SQ setting and involve setting, which mine does not have so realized i must be missing out already.
Looks like independent level controls would be nice, even if but for the .1 or is my speakers dont match sensitivity ect.
I wont be doing actual decoding a heck of a lot, more likely just working with 2 channel sources. Never know though.

So, is there any real reason for me to pine over the V2 vs. The orig unit i have? Or i that more for if i get off my 2 channel butt and actually run some quad through it?

Is the code mentioned at the beginning of the thread still valid? The one for 100.00 off?

Is this forum, perhaps if there is a garage sale thread a good place to sell the version 1 i have and move to the version 2?

I have 3 of the 4400 receivers, 1 is restored.
I also do have a QRX999 which was restored by Jim Showker before he passed. (As was my 990DB)
I do have a few hundred sq/qs lp's still, but admittedly have been way out of the loop for good spell. View attachment 60080View attachment 60081
Welcome back; hang tight a little longer, @chucky3042 can answer all your questions. Plus, they’ll be coming out with a version 3 in the near future I hear.

Tonight i was playing with it (v1) and doing some more search and hit this thread. It talked about the SQ setting and involve setting, which mine does not have
It must have. Have you not noticed the mode switch on the front panel?....
switch.JPG

Just make sure you follow the instructions about switching off and on to enable a mode change.

Hello the thread,
Im late to the party. Set my quad stuff in boxes a few years ago for a move and just got it out. (Some of it) I got the 4400 set up, and began thinking about QS decoding. Google via some other page here led me to the Surround Master, so i sourced one up. I dod not know at the time there was a v2 model...
Tonight i was playing with it (v1) and doing some more search and hit this thread. It talked about the SQ setting and involve setting, which mine does not have so realized i must be missing out already.
Looks like independent level controls would be nice, even if but for the .1 or is my speakers dont match sensitivity ect.
I wont be doing actual decoding a heck of a lot, more likely just working with 2 channel sources. Never know though.

So, is there any real reason for me to pine over the V2 vs. The orig unit i have? Or i that more for if i get off my 2 channel butt and actually run some quad through it?

Is the code mentioned at the beginning of the thread still valid? The one for 100.00 off?

Is this forum, perhaps if there is a garage sale thread a good place to sell the version 1 i have and move to the version 2?

I have 3 of the 4400 receivers, 1 is restored.
I also do have a QRX999 which was restored by Jim Showker before he passed. (As was my 990DB)
I do have a few hundred sq/qs lp's still, but admittedly have been way out of the loop for good spell. View attachment 60080View attachment 60081
Hi

The latest SM runs cooler, has a larger negative rail that gives it better headroom. It is a better unit and frankly Bitch and I think it sounds better (I have not quantified it yet but I do not bullshit). The SM V3 due next year (prob May) adds optical input and the blue eyes have been tamed!

The discounts still apply for QQ members upgrading. I will check what they are as some numbnut at our end keeps on changing it..........whats this space or email me direct on [email protected] for the confirmation discount code

Regards

Chucky

View attachment 60087
Just make sure you follow the instructions about switching off and on to enable a mode change.
QQ DISCOUNT CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For members of QQ first time buyers $50 off ............................code Chuckyspecial

For QQ members who own a previous version SM ..................code sm2qq19

SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 60087
The first version was offered originally without the SQ capability. It was added later, but cost extra. The Version 2 offers both systems, and unlike the version 1 that included both, you don't have to turn the unit off before switching modes.

Hi

The latest SM runs cooler, has a larger negative rail that gives it better headroom. It is a better unit and frankly Bitch and I think it sounds better (I have not quantified it yet but I do not bullshit). The SM V3 due next year (prob May) adds optical input and the blue eyes have been tamed!

The discounts still apply for QQ members upgrading. I will check what they are as some numbnut at our end keeps on changing it..........whats this space or email me direct on [email protected] for the confirmation discount code

Regards

Chucky
Any chance of getting a digital coax connection added as well as the optical Chucky, I prefer those?

The first version was offered originally without the SQ capability. It was added later, but cost extra. The Version 2 offers both systems, and unlike the version 1 that included both, you don't have to turn the unit off before switching modes.
I know, I've got a whole pile of 'em....
Involve Surround Master units.JPG

Keen to add a V3 to the stack!

WTF? Nobody complains about a see through negligee..........You gotta show your stuff and those colored lights.
Oh what have I started?
It's not with out precedent tho... I have seen pics of a Fosgate Digital Space Matrix 360 decoder that had a see through negligee, I mean Plexiglas top. I don't know if it was sold that way, a demo for retail stores, or if someone just DIY. It did not look as pretty as the SM v2 but it did have Fosgate, Scheiber & someone else's signatures silk screened on the PC board.

Personally I'm still groovin' on having Team Involve's signatures on the bottom of my unit!

Back