New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

chucky3042

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm in the USA and considering purchase of a Surround Master V2. The US web site says "available on backorder." Does anyone know what this means in terms of delivery time?
Hi
It means the only stock we have is currently in the USA at the moment, so you are in luck and will get a quick delivery

Zerochief

Involve Audio has discontinued the v2. The v3 is will be available for preorder soon.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Thanks for the welcome. I don't work there just had some inside information!
If you feel comfortable enough, you're always welcome to say more on this thread as a new member- but of course not required. We like lots of inside info :)

Soundfield

Dave has already shared a video of the V3 with us of course....

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I'm hoping the v3 will be much more than just adding an internal DA converter with optical SPDIF input. You can buy those for peanuts at Parts Express ( and elsewhere) & that category doesn't inspire confidence in audio quality.

Last edited:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I guess I'm still confused about that thingy Dave showed us; thought it was a separate pre-amp only and not a SM? :unsure:

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
See, I am confused; an optical input is a waste of time for what I need from a SM; a digital out is what is needed for folks with non-analog input receivers right?
That was touched on by Overture in both the 1st & 6th posts of the above linked thread.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I'm hoping the v3 will be much more than just adding an internal DA converter with optical SPDIF input. You can buy those for peanuts at Parts Express ( and elsewhere) & that category doesn't inspire confidence in audio quality.
I know Chucky did mention that adding HDMI to his SM products would entail a very expensive licensing fee but at the very least, a coaxial output would've been more preferable to optical.

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I know Chucky did mention that adding HDMI to his SM products would entail a very expensive licensing fee but at the very least, a coaxial output would've been more preferable to optical.
Yes but you do know the thingy Overture has been working on is optical input to the SM, not output.

par4ken

QQ Supporter
See, I am confused; an optical input is a waste of time for what I need from a SM; a digital out is what is needed for folks with non-analog input receivers right?
Just get an analogue amplifier.

That being said the surround master has to do the output D/A conversion so a digital output would permit the use of high end (audiophile) D/A converters but that damn HDMI licensing fee!

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Yes but you do know the thingy Overture has been working on is optical input to the SM, not output.
Honestly I don't know why I'm still confused over this subject: I mean, I can still walk and chew gum (maybe I should check myself on that? :-()

Post #9 Chucky -
"On the good side of the fence Dave the bitch is distracted from the super preamp again temprarilly designing the SUPER MINI PREAMP in a surround master case. "

Post #14 Chucky -
"It's a phono plus all the usual ins and outs like CD and optical etc. Dunno about digital out. Let's all keep in mind the price tag."

Post #15 Dave -
"Being a stereo preamp with a dsp....hmm"

Post #24 Dave -
"This particular product is the preamp, which is stereo anyway, so toslink would do as the digital output."

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Honestly I don't know why I'm still confused over this subject: I mean, I can still walk and chew gum (maybe I should check myself on that? :-()

Post #9 Chucky -
"On the good side of the fence Dave the bitch is distracted from the super preamp again temprarilly designing the SUPER MINI PREAMP in a surround master case. "

Post #14 Chucky -
"It's a phono plus all the usual ins and outs like CD and optical etc. Dunno about digital out. Let's all keep in mind the price tag."

Post #15 Dave -
"Being a stereo preamp with a dsp....hmm"

Post #24 Dave -
"This particular product is the preamp, which is stereo anyway, so toslink would do as the digital output."
Not exatcly a direct answer but I think this is indirectly relevant: