New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Surround Master arrived yesterday, and I hooked it up this morning. It lives up to, and actually exceeds, all expectations. In my opinion, it outperforms my S&IC in all aspects. Chucky and Dave, thank you!
Hey Jaybird100

I can be a bit of a thicky some days ......Whats a S&IC??????????????????

Yep, I know it well. It's just I am terrible at abbreviations! Really glad you are a happy camper and would love your detailed comparisons
It's simple. It does QS accurately, and with more separation than I ever heard from that system. It does SQ, a flawed system from the get-go, with more clarity and separation than the Tate. The Tate wasn't tri-band, and I think that has a lot to do with it. And it just sounds better!

Yep, I know it well. It's just I am terrible at abbreviations! Really glad you are a happy camper and would love your detailed comparisons
I figured as much, you don't go building something as "Excellent / Fabulous" as the Surround Master not knowing what came before and how it works!
Apparently Lurch isn't as thick as we thought :unsure:

...good question! So, any news of progress on the long awaited Surround Pre-Amp Chucky? Thanks.

has there been any word on a new version? I’d love something with HDMI in and out.
Hi All

Re the super duper surround pre amp. The issue is Dave the Bitch's time. He is well down the path but held up with:...........

1 The final tests and approvals of our first batch of our new Y4 surround systems due for USA.
2 Keeping our software developers of our new encoder plugin for home studio's fed
3 Keeping a very pushy "secret" customer using our technology happy (it pays well!)

With a bit of luck he will get on it again by mid July. We will be supplying it with an external HDMI adapter as I do not want to be cptive by their $20,000 pa license fee and stuck with a previous revision on their next upgrade to this shitty format!

Onwards excelsior

Hi All

Re the super duper surround pre amp. The issue is Dave the Bitch's time. He is well down the path but held up with:...........

1 The final tests and approvals of our first batch of our new Y4 surround systems due for USA.
2 Keeping our software developers of our new encoder plugin for home studio's fed
3 Keeping a very pushy "secret" customer using our technology happy (it pays well!)

With a bit of luck he will get on it again by mid July. We will be supplying it with an external HDMI adapter as I do not want to be cptive by their $20,000 pa license fee and stuck with a previous revision on their next upgrade to this shitty format!

Onwards excelsior
Have any receiver manufacturers expressed any interest in Involve surround circuitry? Do they know about it?

Tried knocking on their front door and there was no front door! Don't get me started, it really pisses me off
If you have something ready to show at CES next year, you may get some interest. I don't know of anybody who uses a home theatre system for movies only, and if there's something that can make music sound better and more, er, involving, Maybe i'm being overoptimistic, but you won't know unless you try.

If you have something ready to show at CES next year, you may get some interest. I don't know of anybody who uses a home theatre system for movies only, and if there's something that can make music sound better and more, er, involving, Maybe i'm being overoptimistic, but you won't know unless you try.
Agreed.........if the plane are flying! Done CES before, its a $60,000 experience after all costs even for a small booth

@raku it just came to my attention, the horrific over site by myself and the other members here to cordially welcome you into the forum.
I would really be interested in knowing if you've received your SM yet and have you hooked it up and any thoughts about its performance. Any additional gear you have to hook it to and other gear would also be welcome.

Possibly introduce yourself in the below thread (yes it should be updated to a 2020 title.)
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...members-please-introduce-yourself-here.26426/
No rush or pressure - hope it's bringing you joy! :)

I have Sansui QS-2, but I planned to replace it with Surround Master v2.
When SMv2 arrives, I will post it on Welcome Thread.

Unfortunately, SMv2 wasn't delivered by the deadline of June 23.
It has not arrived yet.
[Order #1998] (February 6, 2020)

So I emailed David on June 23.
David has taken care of this.

Australian Post tracking has not changed since June 16.
Japan Post tracking is also the same as Australian Post.
> EJ255682879AU
> It's on its way
> Most recent update
> Customer enquiry lodged
> Date & time Tue 16 Jun 10:28am
>
> Cleared and awaiting international departure
> MELBOURNE VIC
> Date & time Thu 14 May 3:33am
>
> Shipping information received by Australia Post
> Mon 11 May • 12:58pm

Wanted to post a bump/shout out in support of Bill Brent's radio show later today to all you cats out there with SMs (Tate's etc.); Bill is a genius, trial blazer and a real treasure here on the QQ.
I'm going to try something new today with his show. I'll be hooking up my iPhone with a stereo headphone adapter- streaming live via Wi-Fi and running it through my SMv2 and QRX-8001.
He'll be broadcasting 12:45pm (NYC Time) some Doc Severnsin Quads in QS (4.0 Involve Mode) Doc S. Jazz is very nice stuff, so I'm excited to see how it goes.
Radio MaxMusic EZ-Max Pop Up Player

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ctor-in-involve-matix-quad.28606/#post-497803
A sample of the song The Sidewinder off of the album "Fever"

Back