New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never knew something like this exisited. Can you buy these in the U.K. ? ( Or you have to import ??

Sorry for ignorance, haven't read up fully yet, can this "sort of" play redbook CD's in 5.1 ??
Yep. I am the director of Involve (terribly biased). The results vary from not much (20%), pleasant surround (50%) to wow (30%).

Its a major update incorporating 3 band digital processing and many psychoacoustic modeling factors. Lots of reviews can be found in qq.
Go to www.involveaudio.com
Or
http://involveaudio.com/reviews/Or email me on [email protected]
And I will send you a bunch of tech info and reviews

Regards

Chucky

Yep. I am the director of Involve (terribly biased). The results vary from not much (20%), pleasant surround (50%) to wow (30%).

Its a major update incorporating 3 band digital processing and many psychoacoustic modeling factors. Lots of reviews can be found in qq.
Go to www.involveaudio.com
Or
http://involveaudio.com/reviews/Or email me on [email protected]
And I will send you a bunch of tech info and reviews

Regards

Chucky

Thank you ever so much for that info. I certainly will read up. ( I've thought so many times, does such a device exist....so really interested. )

I have so many "goodies" arrived today, which is happily taking up my time.....will try to have a read up, while listening....

Thank you ever so much for that info. I certainly will read up. ( I've thought so many times, does such a device exist....so really interested. )

I have so many "goodies" arrived today, which is happily taking up my time.....will try to have a read up, while listening....
Oh remember there is a $50 QQ member discount.....can get the codes

Hi Toto,

Im in the UK too. You need to import from Australia as there is no UK dealer. You need to factor in import duties of circa £60 from memory - why there is any duty between australia and uk when we are so close god knows but thats another matter. But the discount code chills that problem out.

Mine arrived during covid really quickly - maybe 2 weeks door to door fully tracked. Obviously though thats going to be pretty random though as situation is in flux.
There was no import duty into the US, which I was happy about. Mine arrived via USPS, but in light of recent, um, developments (thank you, Putrid Pumpkin), I wouldn't trust the USPS for timely delivery.

I read from a poster on the AVSForum that Involve is planning for a V3 sometime in Jan. 2021. If this is true, what will be the differences between it and V2? The poster was MagnumX who has posted here also. But I'd like to know more before deciding to wait...

Chucky, what say you?

I read from a poster on the AVSForum that Involve is planning for a V3 sometime in Jan. 2021. If this is true, what will be the differences between it and V2? The poster was MagnumX who has posted here also. But I'd like to know more before deciding to wait...

Chucky, what say you?
I cannot confirm or deny that we will be adding optical input (actually by April me thinks)

one thing I think it needs is to change the mode switch as you cant tell what mode he v1 is in from acreoss the room if it had a three position switch with off in the center then you would need only to move the switch to the center and then to the other side to change modes and it needs two lights one for each mode so to dont have o get so close to tell what mode it is in

one thing I think it needs is to change the mode switch as you cant tell what mode he v1 is in from acreoss the room if it had a three position switch with off in the center then you would need only to move the switch to the center and then to the other side to change modes and it needs two lights one for each mode so to dont have o get so close to tell what mode it is in
That problem has been solved on the Surround Master v2. Rotary control switch for the modes & a clever way of using LED's by the individual output level knobs to show 2ch, 4.1,5.1, etc.

Last edited:
Yup, and no one has ever accused the V2's LEDs of being difficult to see!
But looky here... The SM v2 is even pretty on the inside:

SMv2 INSIDE.jpg

And they are multi-colored changing colors momentarily when turning on or changing decode mode.

Hello the thread,
Im late to the party. Set my quad stuff in boxes a few years ago for a move and just got it out. (Some of it) I got the 4400 set up, and began thinking about QS decoding. Google via some other page here led me to the Surround Master, so i sourced one up. I dod not know at the time there was a v2 model...
Tonight i was playing with it (v1) and doing some more search and hit this thread. It talked about the SQ setting and involve setting, which mine does not have so realized i must be missing out already.
Looks like independent level controls would be nice, even if but for the .1 or is my speakers dont match sensitivity ect.
I wont be doing actual decoding a heck of a lot, more likely just working with 2 channel sources. Never know though.

So, is there any real reason for me to pine over the V2 vs. The orig unit i have? Or i that more for if i get off my 2 channel butt and actually run some quad through it?

Is the code mentioned at the beginning of the thread still valid? The one for 100.00 off?

Is this forum, perhaps if there is a garage sale thread a good place to sell the version 1 i have and move to the version 2?

I have 3 of the 4400 receivers, 1 is restored.
I also do have a QRX999 which was restored by Jim Showker before he passed. (As was my 990DB)
I do have a few hundred sq/qs lp's still, but admittedly have been way out of the loop for good spell. 20201110_171204.jpg
20180915_234349-1008x509.jpg

Back