New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get the Blue Eyed Monster, nphxguy, don't hesitate to really crank up the rears on upmixed stereo recordings where necessary. There are recordings where it may seems as if the SM isn't extracting enough material for the rears; but it's there and just needs a little help introducing itself.
What it needs is a proper Synthesizer mode for stereo like Sanasui used. And then you won't need to boost the rear chs. Oh, and an input balance. But other than that it's practically perfect.

What it needs is a proper Synthesizer mode for stereo like Sanasui used. And then you won't need to boost the rear chs. Oh, and an input balance. But other than that it's practically perfect.

Yes - SW is correct - Synthesizer mode is needed - I'd also like to have an input balance and front/rear fader/balance.

Yes - SW is correct - Synthesizer mode is needed - I'd also like to have an input balance and front/rear fader/balance.
Waiting for version 3.....maybe they will add this.

Since some members seem to be lobbying Involve to add QS synthesizer mode, I've posted something here as a matter of discussion:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...s-synthesizer-surround-on-some-sansuis.29744/

A lot of what's being suggested here might bring up the cost of the unit. Are you prepared for that?

A lot of thiese suggestions could significantly raise the price. The synthesizer mode will not. In Sansui analog it takes two transistors, one resistor for the synth mode. In the SM v3 they could lose the Two Speaker Surround (who buys a surround decoder to listen with only two speakers?) & implement the synth mode in software. A win/win situation.

Last edited:
A lot of thiese suggestions could significantly raise the price. The synthesizer mode will not. In Sansui analog it takes two transistors, one resistor for the synth mode. In the SM v3 they could lose the Two Speaker Surround (who buys a surround decoder to listen with only two speakers?) & implement the synth mode in software. A win/win situation.
Who buys a Surround decoder to listen with only two speakers?? Hello! HEADPHONES!

Anyone in US that just ordered the SM in the last couple weeks get a tracking number yet? it’s been a week and a half for me and no tracking yet. Just for curiosity sake, where in the US are these shipping from? Thanks.

Anyone in US that just ordered the SM in the last couple weeks get a tracking number yet? it’s been a week and a half for me and no tracking yet. Just for curiosity sake, where in the US are these shipping from? Thanks.
I sent a message to David (US Rep for Involve) and he responded the unit was in the USA and should be receiving a tracking notice in 3-5 days, that'd be middle of next week.

When you get the Blue Eyed Monster, nphxguy, don't hesitate to really crank up the rears on upmixed stereo recordings where necessary. There are recordings where it may seems as if the SM isn't extracting enough material for the rears; but it's there and just needs a little help introducing itself.
It needs a small amount of out of phase blend added to the signal before decoding to pull the left and right panned extremes to the rear speakers. Sansui (Surround) does it right as does our own Sonik (Pre-Synth). I really don't like stereo played via QS without the surround mode!

Back