New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I don't know why I'm still confused over this subject: I mean, I can still walk and chew gum (maybe I should check myself on that? :-()

Post #9 Chucky -
"On the good side of the fence Dave the bitch is distracted from the super preamp again temprarilly designing the SUPER MINI PREAMP in a surround master case. "

Post #14 Chucky -
"It's a phono plus all the usual ins and outs like CD and optical etc. Dunno about digital out. Let's all keep in mind the price tag."

Post #15 Dave -
"Being a stereo preamp with a dsp....hmm"

Post #24 Dave -
"This particular product is the preamp, which is stereo anyway, so toslink would do as the digital output."
Now, imagine this little preamp, feeding out to a Surround Master... WOW!

I have a v1/SQ model Surround Master and it is definitely not obsolete in any way! Not to say it wouldn't be great to have the individual level controls of the v2, but it sounds great to me. (I listen to stereo-to-surround, or QS, both with the Involve setting. SQ records not so much.)

Chucky, or anybody else knowledgeable, what is the warranty on the Surround Master V2? I can't find any mention on the website.

As I’ve not had enough time to use my V2 (like the Luftwaffe😳😂) Im still yet to fully appreciate my investment, but, in terms of SACD multichannel, on the old PlayStation PS3, they accidentally released a firmware update that allowed the unit to play multichannel sound through the optical cable rather than the HDMI connection. (Bypassing the copying protections and licensing issues - it lasted about 2 hrs before they released a further update!)

Anyway I made sure I kept it as, despite the technical limitations in terms of “bandwidth” signal sampling over optical v HDMI, the multichannel separation of my SACDs was fivefold better using the PS3 over optical. I have no idea which of its inbuilt decoding options get deployed but impressive enough for me to keep the PS3 and buy another for the kids!

Thanks for the welcome. I don't work there just had some inside information!
Hi Zerochief

Looks like you know my company better than me.............................YES WE ARE SOLD OUT OF SM V2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wrong.

Dave the BItch is running in V3 as we speak but supply is unfortunately say 2 months away

DOH!

I'm hoping the v3 will be much more than just adding an internal DA converter with optical SPDIF input. You can buy those for peanuts at Parts Express ( and elsewhere) & that category doesn't inspire confidence in audio quality.
Hey sonik

Its optical plus it runs cooler with a power supply improvement. The D/A thing is destined for the super douper pre amp

That was touched on by Overture in both the 1st & 6th posts of the above linked thread.
I have a v1/SQ model Surround Master and it is definitely not obsolete in any way! Not to say it wouldn't be great to have the individual level controls of the v2, but it sounds great to me. (I listen to stereo-to-surround, or QS, both with the Involve setting. SQ records not so much.)
Having a v1 makes you sort of a... wait for it... PIONEER!

Back