New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the UK.
How can I get a Surround Master v2?

Website is of no use
Found this on their facebook page (June 8):
Important update for our valued customers: the Surround Master V2 is sold out. The Surround Master V3 with improved power supply and Optical input is in production. Pre orders for the Surround Version V3 will be available on the website in the coming weeks. http://involveaudio.com

Hi Chucky,

Could one use just the two surround outputs on Surround Master v3?

The idea is that I'd split the analog output from my DAC (Chord Dave) so the front channels remain intact and feed the front speakers, and the rear speakers will play the rear output of Surround Master.

The real question here is whether your DSP relies on changing the front channels as well

Hi Chucky,

The idea is that I'd split the analog output from my DAC (Chord Dave) so the front channels remain intact and feed the front speakers, and the rear speakers will play the rear output of Surround Master.

The real question here is whether your DSP relies on changing the front channels as well
If you run the front speakers undecoded, but decode the rears, you lose a lot of the separation the SM is designed to deliver. It's too much of a compromise.

Hi Chucky,

Hi John
You can do what you want but the SM does remove sound from the fronts and puts it to the rears. The net effect will be a loss of front to rear separation.

Regards

Chucky

OK, thanks Chucky.
That is a 'no' then ha ha:)

I am currently experimenting with a second pair of speakers aiming at the ears sideways playing the signal of the opposite speaker with reverse phase and some delay. The idea is to cancel the interaural cross-talk. Still work in progress (i.e. doesn't replicate the Carver C9 as I was hoping...)

Looking forward to the Surround Master v3!

Hi Zerochief

Looks like you know my company better than me.............................YES WE ARE SOLD OUT OF SM V2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wrong.

Dave the BItch is running in V3 as we speak but supply is unfortunately say 2 months away

DOH!
Looks like I purchased the last v2! It's a great addition to my signal chain: Mac Pro - Apollo Twin - UAD2 Plugins (especially Brainworx Modus EQ bx1) - SM V2 - Sansui QRX-7001 - Von Schweikert speakers.

I'll be preordering the v3 when available, for sure.

Last edited:
I see all these references to the SM3 preorders being available in a few months back in April. Is there a website somewhere to make
a pre-order for the SM3? Seems like lots of rumors, but where is the beef? Anyone know? I can't find anything on the involve audio website.
Anyone got a link they can post?

I see all these references to the SM3 preorders being available in a few months back in April. Is there a website somewhere to make
a pre-order for the SM3? Seems like lots of rumors, but where is the beef? Anyone know? I can't find anything on the involve audio website.
Anyone got a link they can post?
See post #908

Back