New Surround SACDs from Dutton Vocalion; Poco, Johnnie Taylor & Airto/Deodato (July 2018)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put these in my basket, what do you think?

Poco - Cantamos & Seven [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99
CDSML8526
Ray Davies & The Button Down Brass - Themes from The Exorcist, The French Connection, The Sting and other great films & Flashpoint [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99
CDSML8531
The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99
CDSML8538
The Guess Who - Road Food & #10 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99
CDSML8540
Rick Derringer - All American Boy & Spring Fever [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

:love:

Was this the best ever D-V release(s) ever?! As a group of two-fers?! I’m thinking it could be.

I think the Poco’s will live on in the hall of fame for many years...

But let’s not forget Johnny Taylor...

“Don’t touch her body - if you can’t touch her mind” Are you listening MrDonaldT?!:LOL:

The Airto’s are also superb...

Bring on the next batch - with bated breath... Maybe time to floss? :cool:

Last edited:
I put these in my basket, what do you think?

Poco - Cantamos & Seven [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99
CDSML8526
Ray Davies & The Button Down Brass - Themes from The Exorcist, The French Connection, The Sting and other great films & Flashpoint [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99
CDSML8531
The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99
CDSML8538
The Guess Who - Road Food & #10 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99
CDSML8540
Rick Derringer - All American Boy & Spring Fever [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Whatever turns you on!!! lots of goodies there!!!

Well I'm really digging Cecil Holmes after a previewing the album. Cool tunes! So decided to order it with Ray Davies! :phones Whoop whoop - more Quad albums!

Cheers for the heads up guys...

That's the spirit, Smithers.:ROFLMAO:Remember the Alamo.......We LOST!

Do you have Airto and Santana/Coltrane IIluminations?

That's the spirit, Smithers.:ROFLMAO:Remember the Alamo.......We LOST!

Do you have Airto and Santana/Coltrane IIluminations?

Ooh maybe Taco's for supper this evening then?! :cool:

I have the Airto's but not ventured far out enough yet to be Illuminated... :smokin It's a shame they didn't make a quad album of Ray Davies - Firedog! Would be really good as well I think...

I have to say yet again what a simple process and value ordering through D-V is... Was checking for another SACD (Cincinnati Pops - Mega Movies) on Amazon - 230 quid!:eek::ROFLMAO:

I posted this list in the "Suggestions For D-V" thread back in October and they just keep crossing stuff off it!
Missed this originally and just got to it as I listen to my just arrived copy of the Johnnie Taylor two-fer.

It truly is a blessing to have Jonathan providing the knowledgeable quad input we get at QQ. The man knows his stuff!

Missed this originally and just got to it as I listen to my just arrived copy of the Johnnie Taylor two-fer.
I posted this list in the "Suggestions For D-V" thread back in October and they just keep crossing stuff off it!

Looks like a few more can be crossed off :)

Weather Report- Tale Spinnin'
Herbie Hancock- Sextant, Secrets
The Guess Who- Road Food, #10, and Best Of Vol. II
BS&T- Mirror Image & New City two-fer
Chase- S/T & Pure Music two-fer

Dave Mason- S/T & It's Like You Never Left two-fer
David Essex- Rock On
Poco- Seven & Cantamos two-fer
Rick Derringer- All American Boy & Spring Fever two-fer

Later Santana titles not done by MoFi- Welcome, Borboletta, Amigos, etc (Though we'd probably end up seeing Love Devotion Surrender or the one with Buddy Miles first)
War- The World Is A Ghetto & Deliver The Word twofer
Anything on Philly Int'l- MFSB, O'Jays, Isleys, etc
Anything on Project 3...but if I had to choose one then Tony Mottola & The Quad Guitars
More CTI- Airto's Fingers, Benson's Body Talk, Grover Washington Jr. Soul Box, etc
Jefferson Airplane/Starship- The Worst Of, Spitfire, Red Octopus, etc
Hot Tuna- America's Choice, Burgers, Yellow Fever
Spinners- S/T, New & Improved, Pick Of The Litter
Jazz Piano Quartet- Let It Happen

Back