New Surround SACDs from Dutton Vocalion; Poco, Johnnie Taylor & Airto/Deodato (July 2018)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not long back, from 3 days at the Isle of Wight Music Festival (50th Anniversary), so I'm still hyper!! What greets my return...yet more fantastic quad releases from Dutton. This company just keep on giving. Long may they reign...:cool: so hyper, that I forgot to say, ordered all 3!!

Last edited:
I'm gonna skip the Airto/Deodato release for now, but I did place my order for both the Poco and Johnnie Taylor releases.
I know I will like Poco, but I also think I will be pleasantly surprised by Johnnie Taylor. He seems to have a great soul voice, and I have enjoyed the other soul releases from DV so far.

Now, where's "Blue Jays"?! ;)

Def in for Poco. Probably get the Johnny Taylor eventually.
IMG_0034.GIF

Last edited:
The Poco one is definitely for me. This is NOT to be taken the wrong way, since this is probably the best label in the world right now, but I’d like the albums split in separate original albums like the Garfunkel ones. But that is REALLY a first world problem.

Thank you thank you Dutton!

Horrors, Ninecats......I was always told "Never Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth." I totally understand your 'purist' rationale but, hey, 2 QUADs on one SACD for US $16 is a veritable steal [Christmas in July?].

I was always aghast by the incredible waste of real estate when the majors released a single 40 minute album on a BD~A. A BD~A could probably hold twenty times more music per single disc.

I've ordered one vocalion disc(my first one) from the only source I've found in the UK. It's been over a month and have not recieved it. Is there another place I can purchase them? Thanks.

Heya Jeff sometimes they take that long sometimes - I had one that took about 6 weeks - for some reason the extra dollar for tracking has increased the speed.

Aware of the name but had never actually heard her sing until I listened to these two samples.
I’ll be passing on this one, don’t like her voice and the material sounds way too formulaic for my tastes.
But kudos to DV for covering so many bases, something for everybody

If you like Santana "Borboletta" give a shot at the Airto disc.

I thought the same. An unmistakable Santana Vibe. I've always loved this album [in stereo] and can only imagine what the QUAD mix is like if the Deodato two fer QUAD SACD is any indication. The Concert disc with Deodato/Airto should also sound wonderful.

Keep mining the depths of the QUAD catalogue, Mr. Dutton. By the time you're finished there should be a few Desert Island Discs in the pile. But come to think of it, there's NO electricity on Desert Isles.:eek:https://images.rapgenius.com/6391f659dccbd68ef97300625f5b297c.600x544x1.jpg

Last edited:
Back