New Surround SACDs from Dutton Vocalion; Poco, Johnnie Taylor & Airto/Deodato (July 2018)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well its technically a decode but yes I thought it was very well done too.

Michael was VERY forthcoming about the fact it WAS a decode from the SQ master tape. On my system there is a nice discrete element and considering it's a LIVE concert recording, all the more admirable!

And what's the 'buyer beware' comment all about. It was disclosed on the actual packaging. And two very rare QUAD SACDs for $16. What do people want. BLOOD?

Great news, Dutton is listening to us! I just ordered all three. Poco Seven is my favorite, fantastic in Quad. Deodato/Airto In Concert and Airto Fingers is just what I suggested a few months ago! Not too crazy about Johnnie Taylor but we'll see, I'm often pleasantly surprised by the Quad versions of music that I would otherwise pass up!

Great news, Dutton is listening to us! I just ordered all three. Poco Seven is my favorite, fantastic in Quad. Deodato/Airto In Concert and Airto Fingers is just what I suggested a few months ago! Not too crazy about Johnnie Taylor but we'll see, I'm often pleasantly surprised by the Quad versions of music that I would otherwise pass up!

What's to love about the Johnnie Taylor's is the fact that Eargasm was never released on Q8 - so for the first time EVER, we're getting the discrete, 4-channel master tape! How cool is that? This charts right up there with getting Billy Cobham's Spectrum and Laura Nyro's Eli/13th from Audio Fidelity! It really is something to be excited about! Hopefully, this will pave the way for MORE either unreleased or SQ-only releases finally unleashed in discrete Quad!

(Besides, if you like groups like The Temptations, the O'Jays, the Four Tops or even Isaac Hayes ---- you'll definitely like Johnnie Taylor. They're all part & parcel of that smooth, 70's R&B sound.)

Back