New Yes album "The Quest" out in October! (5.1 Blu-ray confirmed)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
http://www.yesworld.com/2021/07/yes-announce-new-studio-album-the-quest/
Containing 11 songs, 8 on the main CD with 3 extra tracks on a bonus CD, The Quest will be available on Vinyl and 5.1 Blu-ray and CD, all on the day of release.

Formats are:

• Limited Edition Deluxe 2LP & 2CD plus Blu-ray Box-set
  • Limited Edition 2CD & Blu-ray Artbook
  • Gatefold 2LP & 2CD plus LP and booklet
  • 2CD Digipak
  • Digital Album

Yes_TheQuest_1000px.jpg

We only can hope that this release is much better than Heaven & Earth. :)
Can it be any worse? :sick:
I wasn't expecting any new Yes record without Chris and even less a new album with a 5.1 mix. I wonder who the mixer was anyway.
I'll be very cautious with this one: first listen on streaming, second wait and read the reviews for the surround mix and then purchase or gently and sadly ignore. I really want to be positively surprised, but my hopes are very low

Can it be any worse? :sick:
I wasn't expecting any new Yes record without Chris and even less a new album with a 5.1 mix. I wonder who the mixer was anyway.
I'll be very cautious with this one: first listen on streaming, second wait and read the reviews for the surround mix and then purchase or gently and sadly ignore. I really want to be positively surprised, but my hopes are very low

I'm (stupidly) optimistic about this. I believe that Steve Howe didn't rate and later regretted Heaven and Earth, so hopefully with him at the helm (for the band and as the producer) this new one will be better quality.

I'm liking the cover - even if the surround mix isn't that great, it will be cool to have the cover painting up on the TV when playing the bluray!

Their last few albums have been exceptionally terrible. That they rated this release serious enough to make a surround mix and not just another throw away CD-only release is positive though. Was the last surround mix Magnification? That one is merely boring. I know I'll still have hope and grab this.

Preview it first in shit Youtube stereo or something? That's a tough one. If it's only ever going to get a single listen, it should at least be from the best seats.

Their last few albums have been exceptionally terrible. That they rated this release serious enough to make a surround mix and not just another throw away CD-only release is positive though. Was the last surround mix Magnification? That one is merely boring. I know I'll still have hope and grab this.

Preview it first in shit Youtube stereo or something? That's a tough one. If it's only ever going to get a single listen, it should at least be from the best seats.
Did you listen to From a Page? It's a mini album, but I like it much better than anything recent

Reactions: SHB
Did you listen to From a Page? It's a mini album, but I like it much better than anything recent
Yeah, that was one of the ones I was thinking about. Rejected content lite studio outtakes and a really weak stumbling live show. There was another recent one called Fly From Here that was also pointedly terrible. If they released something even worse than these two I really don't even want to know about it.

Thanks for the post ...
sorry I can't be too excited, I know it will have its moments...
The singer does not move me-he is a "limp" Jon Anderson, and I consider "Fly from here" the last "as close to 'real' Yes" album, the remix with Trevor singing being even better...
Here's to it being good, though!!!

I know I'm going to check it out just because they're making a surround mix. With the "throw away" stereo-only releases in recent times, this seems like a strong statement about this album. I know I know better...

The one single 5.1 mixed track from The Ladder that was released on a EP ahead of the album is actually a good listen. It's an improvement over the stereo mixes at any rate and that material needs all the extra help it can get. Or maybe better to say that that material doesn't fare well in crushed volume war stereo! Of course the full album was never released in surround and still isn't...

Not interested. And this from a lifelong Yes worshipper. I took a chance on the most recent Kansas record and I listened to it once. These are bands I absolutely have loved over the years, but now exist in name only. If only the tapes for GFTO miraculously surfaced....

I've listened to the last track on that Kansas album a few times now. I feel like they crafted a careful facsimile from recycling bits of arrangements and chord progressions from original band. But along the way they got distracted and had an actual jam one day. They decided to sneak it out as the last track. The whole rest of the album is cut and pasted filler pressed into the form of Kansas music.

The last few Yes albums don't even have that kind of facsimile going on!

I got off the bus when they dumped Jon. Gave FFH a listen but didn't connect. Stopped going to the live shows (Yesshows were always magical to me; didn't want to tarnish the memories). That said, a 5.1 BD release has piqued my interest (though w/o Jon or Chris I can't consider it Yes; it's the Steve Howe Band imo...). I'm looking forward to reviews.

I loved Mag from the beginning and that love grew with the DVD-A. I'd be happy as a clam if this new one is half as enjoyable!

Not interested. And this from a lifelong Yes worshipper. I took a chance on the most recent Kansas record and I listened to it once. These are bands I absolutely have loved over the years, but now exist in name only. If only the tapes for GFTO miraculously surfaced....
I hear ya! I’ll get this if only to serve as continued support for those groups (even if some of them are in name only) that release 5.1 along with the stereo. This could have easily been just stereo…

Same here at
I’ll need to hear the disc before I buy, not just positive reviews.
Encouraging reviews led me to buy the Kansas.
Like you I played it once.
Appreciate Ehart’s and Williams efforts to keep things going, but the sound and the music left me cold.

Back