Yes new album Mirror to the Sky with Atmos BluRay out May 2023!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colsky

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
A new Yes album, called Mirror to the Sky, is due out in May, with a blu-ray with Atmos (and presumably 5.1) mix!

Yes, it's the new Yes, which isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I for one really enjoy the last album The Quest, which had a great 5.1 mix, so I'm hopeful. Reading in the latest edition of Prog magazine, this album has 6 tracks, including a 10 minute one and a 14 minute one.

Last edited:
This should be the artwork and May 19th the release date.
1678208664503.png

I have mixed feelings. I really want it to be good, but the last two didn’t do it for me.

Heaven & Earth seemed too tame to me. The last one had more of a spark, in my opinion, but not enough that I felt the need to buy it.

Still, I’m hopeful and look forward to hearing it. I’d be happy to buy the 5.1 mix if I can get into the songs.

I was not a fan of the last album. It had its moments, but sounded like what it was, which was an album recorded in parts and separate spaces during Covid. It's only one song, but that song sounds like more of a collaborative effort with better tempo and ideas in general than anything from the last album.

I pre-ordered the 2CD/1BD from Amazon today. I’m such an easy sale for an instrumental mix thrown in with Atmos. (I’m not assuming the instrumental mix is in Atmos, though.)

I’m not in the “no Jon Anderson, no Yes” camp. If it’s good music, it’s good music. I’m just not sure what to expect from the band these days.

I was not a fan of the last album. It had its moments, but sounded like what it was, which was an album recorded in parts and separate spaces during Covid. It's only one song, but that song sounds like more of a collaborative effort with better tempo and ideas in general than anything from the last album.
Agreed. And this first single definitely different, at least for the first 3-4 minutes. …and then reverts to all too expected Yes self-indulgence. But God I love this band. Bought that last one in full deluxe edition, just like this one. Always will. Reliving childhood, I guess. But damn, they get onto things sometimes. And I miss Chris, and Jon A. (not dead), and all the greats including Trevor. Bring back Reunion!

Agreed. And this first single definitely different, at least for the first 3-4 minutes. …and then reverts to all too expected Yes self-indulgence. But God I love this band. Bought that last one in full deluxe edition, just like this one. Always will. Reliving childhood, I guess. But damn, they get onto things sometimes. And I miss Chris, and Jon A. (not dead), and all the greats including Trevor. Bring back Reunion!
I miss Wakeman and Bruford(Tony Kaye and Peter Banks were also great); Yes’s loss was King Crimson’s gain. With their recent inconsistent output, for me, they’ve gone from Yes to Maybe in regard to making purchasing decisions.

Back