New York Voices - Let It Snow - 5.1 Multichannel SACD (June 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not sure that NY Voices constitutes an either or situation. I don’t know of any information to suggest/confirm that another, potentially more marketable Pop/Rock album was shelved or delayed due to the release of NY Voices. And even if that were the case, it doesn’t change the forecast for future surround releases going forward
Of course time (and money) ran out on all surround / 4.0 titles at AF. And we did not get the quad layers on at least 3 or 4 releases which had them available to be used, licensing approved. They ran low on cash an needed to cut back on expenses - to keep their SACD reissue program a going concern. So yeah, this and Fresh Aire were released with surround, Judy Collins too. So RTF simply did not get a surround layer, BS&T Hits, Grand Funk nope. Mastering budgets were slashed — you didn’t hear about it????

One or two or three things effect the other(s). It’s the law of physics.

Yes, it’s called politics, and in this case did not pay back dividends. Dreams of an unissued Scheiner surround mix later materializing were just that, dreams and fantasy.

But it did lead to several Scheiner Surround Sound mixes making it to Surround Sound SACD as part of the Audio Fidelity reissue series.
Which was the goal. :)

But it did lead to several Scheiner Surround Sound mixes making it to Surround Sound SACD as part of the Audio Fidelity reissue series.
Which was the goal. :)
I was not aware of them, must have been earlier ones like Breezin or Winelight? Or did something come later on AF out of this NY Voices association?

In the spirit of the season, I popped this in this morning. I had almost forgotten how good the sound quality and mix are. I can understand how the music style doesn’t appeal to everyone, but the 4 a cappella tracks especially are pure magic. If you have this and are in the right frame of mind, do yourself a favor and listen to Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Goosebumps.

Last edited:
In the spirit of the season, I popped this in this morning. I had almost forgotten how good the sound quality and mix are. I can understand how the music style doesn’t appeal to everyone, but the 4 a cappella tracks especially are pure magic. If you have this and are in the right frame of mind, do yourself a favor and listen to Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Goosebumps.
Thanks for the reminder mrcond, I believe my copy is still sealed :eek:

Be sure to share your comments on this one on the HiRez Poll as well.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-york-voices-let-it-snow-sacd.19749/http://newyorkvoices.com/shop/cds/let-it-snow-surround-sound-mix/https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/100637/New_York_Voices-Let_It_Snow-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

Back