Newby needs Sanyo model identification please !

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYMo

QQ Supporter
Hi there .. .. Newby starting two surround systems, one for 4 channel SACD and the other one for four channel 70s quad. I've read here already that Sanyo is the lowliest of the lows, but I was wondering if someone could identify the attached Sanyo receiver please.
Any info good or bad would be greatly appreciated !
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 112
You have ONE set of 4-channel input, it depends what kind of use you want to:
- CD4 demodulator, for playing CD4 LP; these are not too hard to find, but you need ALSO a CD4-capable cart.
- A kind of "digital player" (disc or file-based) for playback of digital multichannel media

Your choice.

Yes, you should be able to play SQ records. And QS records using the RM setting.

Also, you can try the RM or SQ setting on a stereo record. Depending on the music and how it was recorded, results will vary.

Hi there .. .. Newby starting two surround systems, one for 4 channel SACD and the other one for four channel 70s quad. I've read here already that Sanyo is the lowliest of the lows, but I was wondering if someone could identify the attached Sanyo receiver please.
Cheers

Welcome to the forum :hi it is great to have another member from "down under":LB

Thanks Pardner ! I'm looking forward to this surround journey !
Cheers

I don't know how familiar you are with the forum so I will mention some areas to look for surround music...since you have SACD capability you need to check out DV....an excellent source....and on the forum you can look at the past and present releases here...and if you want to see how members feel about different releases...you can check the polls

Thanks winopener.
I have a Marantz SACD player with 5:1 analog output, so I'm sorted there.
With the Sanyo, I'm presuming it will play SQ vinyl with a standard cart and stylus as is ?
Cheers

Perfect. Set it without center channel and subwoofer and you're done.

Cheers
Had one of those quite some time ago but then had an Sanyo 8500 (from memory) but gave it away too

It actually looks like a good unit. I have seen a lot worse in some of those “all in one” types of systems. It seems like it has all the controls that you need and it also looks fabulous. Is that a storage compartment underneath the receiver? Good luck and let us know if you get it.

Unfortunately, I lost that Sanyo....somebody else got it close to his home, even though I was first in with the offer !
I am 2000km away, but I offered him his full payment for just the receiver, but maybe he just wanted to get rid of the whole system ( which I possibly could have done with an extra bit of organisation and calling on a few interstate mates)
Anyway, I'm back to the quad modern system and have been reading a lot of threads here, so I'm very appreciative of the wealth of knowledge that lives on this site.
Onwards and upwards !
Cheers

Hi there .. .. .. I've read here already that Sanyo is the lowliest of the lows, but ... ... ...
Cheers

Every brand has its shining hits and miserable misses.
I know Sanyo is a prime example.
But look at some of their wins, like the Plus Series N55 Super D NR noise reduction units and from 1978 their dual mono monster receiver model JCX-2900K, to name just two goodies, ~ definitely products not fairly designated with the negative epithet “lowliest of lows”!
But Sanyo has peddled quite a few forgettable products too.

Back