Newest Acura ELS DVD Audio demo disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peterzach,

fredblue is spot on. Grover Washington's "Winelight" is a great DVD-A, and you will probably know or have heard at least two of the tunes on it. And the Bonnie Raitt is indeed a lost gem in the DVD-A release puddle.

As for the whole DVD-A in cars being mis-sold, ignored, and totally screwed up by WB, the DVD group, and Acura all I can say is "Don't get me started" :)

Go forth and search. Check the QQ DVD-A Gallery (link at the top of screen) to see the other Acura Demo discs, including the one with UMG titles.

Thanks Rob and Jon on those recommendation's.
Ouch, just checking some prices, don't think I will be getting the Winelight and Nick of Time any time soon.

Sorry Jon, did not want to rub "salt in the wound" on what the music industry messed up on over last while. Really impressed on what ES did in Acura's both the system setup and his demo disk is very good as well and its kind of neat hearing his voice on there explaining things.

I just bought one off flebay from a Honda dealer who sells used parts also. They evidently had no clue what they had, as it sold as 'parts", that they deal in exclusively. Sad comment on the promotion of dvd audio in Acura's, and everywhere else.

I got my copy of this Acura Demo disc on eBay too (y)

Anyone here looking for the Acura DVD-Audio disc with the exclusive Fleetwood Mac "Monday Morning" 5.1 mix (not found anywhere else) among other cool tracks from Elliot Scheiner etc all in Surround (Boz Scaggs, Don Fagen, etc) there's one on eBay Buy It Now for under a tenner... Grab it before it's gone!!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271511757659

ACURA ELS SURROUND DEMO DICS OPDV-8056

well there's a couple more up there on ebay at 44-56 dollars

$44-56.. :yikes

this was the only $15 one I could find right now but as I have no interest in buying doubles and selling or trading them, I just like to keep my hand in with values and such on surround discs I already have and if I find any bargains I'll post here about them.. then its a case of whoever jumps on them first gets them I guess! :p

$44-56.. :yikes

this was the only $15 one I could find right now but as I have no interest in buying doubles and selling or trading them, I just like to keep my hand in with values and such on surround discs I already have and if I find any bargains I'll post here about them.. then its a case of whoever jumps on them first gets them I guess! :p

I love the song list but I'm curious about the sound quality as it was made for the acoustical environment in a car; would this effect anything in a bigger space in your home?

I love the song list but I'm curious about the sound quality as it was made for the acoustical environment in a car; would this effect anything in a bigger space in your home?

not as far as I can make out, it sounds terrific and everything on it that was released elsewhere (Winelight, Boz Scaggs, Steely Dan, Don Fagen, Doobies, Diana Krall, Dire Straits, Bonnie Raitt, etc.) sounds just as good as on their respective DVD-A's. Plus of course there's Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle unavailable in Hi-Res anywhere else :)

Oh and did I mention Fleetwood Mac's "Monday Morning" in Advanced Res 5.1? ;) Only available on this disc to this day! WOO!!

not as far as I can make out, it sounds terrific and everything on it that was released elsewhere (Winelight, Boz Scaggs, Steely Dan, Don Fagen, Doobies, Diana Krall, Dire Straits, Bonnie Raitt, etc.) sounds just as good as on their respective DVD-A's. Plus of course there's Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle unavailable in Hi-Res anywhere else :)

I'm in the HUNT mode now, I want that disc!

They're nice enough track listings but I like the 2008 one best with its exclusives you can't get elsewhere either in surround or in Hi-Res :)

I love Fleetwood Mac so Monday Morning would be huge; but aside from the exclusives just having these great singles on 1 disc is awesome. That's why I'm so interested in the new AF SACD's with all the singles on them. I'm a "greatest hits" type of guy; love that stuff and want it in the best quality possible. Speaking of that, the folks at SHF are going nuts about THESE but it's hard to tell if they are really good or if it's the usual fan boy treatment of everything that SH works on. I ordered Crank it Up back in April and got notice of the delivery timeframe of July 8th to July 14th, of course the amazon website says the date is July 15th:mad:@: if this one is good I will buy every one of them in the series.

FYI, There is also a 2004 Universal Music disc that has artwork very similar to the original 2003 disc. Here is my Acura collection. I believe that I have them all. Hopefully you can read the tracklist for the 2004 disc.

IMG_1315.jpg
IMG_1316.jpg

Back