Newly discovered the magic of 5.1 thanks to the Charisma Box

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody61

Hi all - fab site! Being quite a Hifi guy who for around 10 years already had a) a 5 speaker set-up (Beolab 5, BL18, BL2 steered by BV11) and b) several 5.1 surround disks (as bonus disks) I never had actually played them…. This radically changed half a year ago when Van der Graaf -my fave band for over 40 years now- released the fabulous Charisma Years Box. I was blown away by The Undercover Man, the first song I put on - after reprogramming my set-up from simply 2x stereo to 5.1….. The day thereafter I went through my CD collection and was happy to find quite a few 5.1 DVD bonus disks like nearly all of the Nick Cave albums, Talking Heads, King Crimson, Yes, Bruford, Quadrophenia, some more. After visiting the great Kraftwerk exhibition in Duesseldorf I even could not resist buying their 7.1 box — and WOW. Now anxiously waiting for 5.1 of the rest of the Van der Graaf catalogue and -wishful thinking- some of my other fave albums like Hammill’s Over and In Camera or - and that one should really be amazing in 5.1: Nail by Foetus! Greetings to all, keep up the good work sharing new and upcoming releases!

Hi all - fab site! Being quite a Hifi guy who for around 10 years already had a) a 5 speaker set-up (Beolab 5, BL18, BL2 steered by BV11) and b) several 5.1 surround disks (as bonus disks) I never had actually played them…. This radically changed half a year ago when Van der Graaf -my fave band for over 40 years now- released the fabulous Charisma Years Box. I was blown away by The Undercover Man, the first song I put on - after reprogramming my set-up from simply 2x stereo to 5.1….. The day thereafter I went through my CD collection and was happy to find quite a few 5.1 DVD bonus disks like nearly all of the Nick Cave albums, Talking Heads, King Crimson, Yes, Bruford, Quadrophenia, some more. After visiting the great Kraftwerk exhibition in Duesseldorf I even could not resist buying their 7.1 box — and WOW. Now anxiously waiting for 5.1 of the rest of the Van der Graaf catalogue and -wishful thinking- some of my other fave albums like Hammill’s Over and In Camera or - and that one should really be amazing in 5.1: Nail by Foetus! Greetings to all, keep up the good work sharing new and upcoming releases!
Welcome indeed! Couldn't agree more about the box set! If you are so inclined, be sure to vote and leave a review on the poll thread.

Back