Nic Hard + Snarky Puppy: Mixing in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
They're charging for this one, and rank amateur that I am, I don't think I'll be shelling out $24.99 for a "Pro" membership. If anyone else does, though, I'd be interested in hearing reports!

https://www.puremix.net/video/start...py-dolby-atmos-mix-with-fab-and-nic-hard.html
In part three of this series, watch as Fab Dupont:
  • Explains the goal for the atmos mix
  • Breaks down his atmos mixing template, explaining his thought process and approach to the format as he goes through the mix
  • Discusses the importance of the binaural version of the mix
  • Ensures that the atmos mix does not exceed the -18LUFS rule for delivery
  • Places all of the stems from the stereo mix in the atmos sound field
  • Applies Nic Hard's Stereo Mix bus processing to the Atmos mix to keep the same aesthetic of the original mix
  • Listens to the binaural render in headphones to check mix translation and adjust balances
  • Adjusts for the difference in perceived level of height placement in the binaural version
This is your chance to see how Fab Dupont and Nic Hard mixed the iconic record "Empire Central" in Dolby Atmos from Start to Finish.

Last edited:
Final video in the series--the one focusing specifically on the Atmos mix--dropped today. Any "Pro" level pureMixers with reports?

The band also dropped another video from the album. I'm waiting for a Blu-Ray collecting high-res videos with Atmos sound.

Back