Nick Mason's S.O.S

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do.

Gosh, what a naive dumbass I am for buying a ticket in good faith to support an excellent band and venue but failing to read and understand the fine print terms and conditions imposed by these sleazy ticket brokers. 🤑

Not much option if I wanted a good single seat for a show I'd planned to drive 200 miles each way, including back home the same night after those elderly musicians finished up by their early bedtime. ;) :coffee::coffee::coffee:🛣🌉🌃🚙

Thankful the concert disc from 2019 is so great, hope it did well enough to make another one from this tour a possibility?

Safe travels, QQ / S.O.S. member @Lee Harris !
Keep the Saucer Spinning! 🛸
Right Around The World in 22! 🌍 ---> 🌎
Thanks Dave.
I am obviously sorry that it didn’t stay in. There are so many reasons as to why some shows stay, some move into different venues etc.
At this time when every band wants to get back out there again we just have to be happy with what we can get.
Best to you,
Lee

It's not bad, but not sure I'll make the drive. Thanks for pointing it out though. I didn't see KC and so I pretty much shut the whole idea out.

I hear ya, took the wind out of my sails at first.
Now looking at Denver as a possibility, but that's overnighter distance.

Opportunity to maybe take the wife along in late October for a couple of nights in a cabin the Rockies during less crowded & expensive off-season.
The Paramount is a great venue, made the trip for both S.O.S. & King Crimson there pre-pandemic in '19
Only need a single ticket, she's no interest in the concert.

Last edited:
I’ll be at the Orpheum show. On the last tour, I scored free tickets to the Wiltern show. During the show, I went to the bar for a beer and the hot bartender gave me a 4 strip of tickets for the next night (unfortunately wasn’t able to get off work).

If you didn’t see them on the last tour, better not miss out this time.

Thanks Dave.
I am obviously sorry that it didn’t stay in. There are so many reasons as to why some shows stay, some move into different venues etc.
At this time when every band wants to get back out there again we just have to be happy with what we can get.
Best to you,
Lee
I'll attend Madrid's show this summer (or so I hope). If we cross by, I'll try to say hello (I'm quite embarrassed normally in these situations, never know what to say).
I take for granted Nick knows all the best sightseeing places and restaurants in Madrid, but if you fancy any recommendation, feel free to ping me (most interesting places are at 1 hour drive distance from Madrid downtown, in my opinion)

I'll attend Madrid's show this summer (or so I hope). If we cross by, I'll try to say hello (I'm quite embarrassed normally in these situations, never know what to say).
I take for granted Nick knows all the best sightseeing places and restaurants in Madrid, but if you fancy any recommendation, feel free to ping me (most interesting places are at 1 hour drive distance from Madrid downtown, in my opinion)
I am positive he know Casa Botín which IIRC has always had very decent food.. or "La Bola" with cocido madrileño (they don't accept credit cards though), both are in el centro de Madrí...

I am positive he know Casa Botín which IIRC has always had very decent food.. or "La Bola" with cocido madrileño (they don't accept credit cards though), both are in el centro de Madrí...
I think the guys are at a higher level... at least Nick I think used to stay at hotel Santo Mauro... definitely another category...

Let us know if they keep or refund the fees. In NY if Ticketmaster/Live Nation cancel a show they typically keep the fees, as they are non-refundable. It is so wrong.

Happy to report every penny originally charged to my credit card, $122.50 for ticket, parking & fees, was refunded. :)

Thanks, Kauffman Center.
Can't play more fair than that. Maybe another time.

Well do say hi if you see me. I won’t bite.
We have no time off in Madrid unfortunately. Get in on the day, show and then leave for Portugal.

🛸 Single "orphan" ticket on the aisle (Lee Harris side) secured for the Denver show in October.
Buy-in from mrs ~wave~, as I'll leave her dreaming by the fire at our favorite Denver B'n'B after a couple of nights in a cozy cabin in the Rockies.

Ticketmaster repeatedly offered ticket "insurance" for an extra fee.
Who knows what might come in the next six months, but I'm feeling optimistic.
Hope for the best without fear of every possible thing that might not go as planned.

Live reports from Ireland only two weeks away. 🛸

277764017_535466971271591_6297819001431773645_n.jpg

Looks like a beautiful venue!

It's pretty good. This is a photo I took at The Divine Comedy gig I was at back in October 2019

IMG_20191007_215923.jpg

And this is from the seats behind the orchestra taken at an Ulster Orchestra Shostakovich concert. Great gig, but the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat on.
IMAG1424.jpg

Last edited:
Back