Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I-IV *Blu-Ray*

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PossumPete

Maybe not so much a rumour as a fact (as posted on Blu-Ray.com):

Nine Inch Nails to Offer Blu-ray Music Release
Posted March 3, 2008 08:28 AM by Josh

Trent Reznor has revealed, via his website, that the latest Nine Inch Nails album "Ghosts I-IV" will receive deluxe edition packaging that will include a Blu-ray release of all 36 tracks in stunning 96kHz/24-bit quality. When the disc is played in your Blu-ray player, it will display a slide show to accompany the music. Trent Reznor has been a pioneer in providing high definition content to fans, to include the Blu-ray release of the Nine Inch Nails concert 'Beside You In Time'.

The first nine tracks of the album are provided for free on their website, with the option to purchase the entire 2-CD album for only $5. The deluxe edition release, which will include the entire album as well as the Blu-ray disc, will be released on May 1st for $75.

And those 36 tracks will be MC! And available in vinyl!

http://ghosts.nin.com/main/order_options

Ghosts I-IV
All 36 tracks in a variety of digital formats including a 40 page PDF.

Ghosts I
The first 9 tracks from the Ghosts I-IV collection available as high-quality, DRM-free MP3s, including the complete PDF.

No credit card or payment information is required for this download.

Ghosts I-IV on two audio CDs in a six panel digipak package with a 16 page booklet.

Pre-order, to be shipped April 8, 2008. INCLUDES immediate full download in a variety of digital formats.
Ghosts I-IV in a hardcover fabric slipcase containing: 2 audio CDs, 1 data DVD with all 36 tracks in multi-track format, and a Blu-ray disc with Ghosts I-IV in high-definition 96/24 stereo and accompanying slideshow.

Pre-order, to be shipped May 1, 2008. INCLUDES immediate download in a variety of digital formats.

Includes everything in the Deluxe Edition Package, along with an exclusive four-LP 180 gram vinyl set in a fabric slipcase, and two exclusive limited edition Giclee prints in a luxurious package. Limited to 2500 pieces, numbered and signed by Trent Reznor.

Pre-order, to be shipped May 1, 2008. Limit one per customer. INCLUDES immediate download in a variety of digital formats.

-The Blu-ray will contain only the 96/24 stereo-

Quite the collection!

Maybe not so much a rumour as a fact (as posted on Blu-Ray.com):

Nine Inch Nails to Offer Blu-ray Music Release
Posted March 3, 2008 08:28 AM by Josh

... The deluxe edition release, which will include the entire album as well as the Blu-ray disc, will be released on May 1st for $75.

And those 36 tracks will be MC! And available in vinyl!

http://ghosts.nin.com/main/order_options

....Ghosts I-IV in a hardcover fabric slipcase containing: 2 audio CDs, 1 data DVD with all 36 tracks in multi-track format, and a Blu-ray disc with Ghosts I-IV in high-definition 96/24 stereo and accompanying slideshow.

-The Blu-ray will contain only the 96/24 stereo-

Quite the collection!

Methinks you have multi-track confused with multi-channel. According to the website, the deluxe edition contains a DVD Rom containing all the multitracks enabling you to "remix" to your liking. The Blu Ray will contain a 96/24 stereo mix only. $75 is alot of dough - but if your a fan...

Too bad I don't have a blu-ray player. This set is quite elaborate. I like the samples that I listened to. But its definitely not in multi-channel.

I ordered the $5.00 FLAC download but the servers are so overloaded that the download starts but ends apruptly.

I have the remixed year zero collection and that also contains all the multitracks for each song. Pretty cool to play with if you have the proper software.

I was lucky enough to score one of the $300 ultra-deluxe limited edition sets (phew), without even realizing it. I found out about this whole project thanks to this forum, ordered it that night (after some careful negotiating with the wife) and found out the following day that they had sold out. First, I just want to thank PossumPete for bringing this to my attention! Second, this set should be awesome, I've been listening to the flac files here at work and I like what I've heard. I can't wait until May to get the whole package. These songs will sound great on my home stereo, and even better in 24/96! :banana:

what program would that be?

i just got the deluxe package, its great collector set, but dont know what to do with the multitracks, or how I could make a 5.1 mix

what program would that be?

i just got the deluxe package, its great collector set, but dont know what to do with the multitracks, or how I could make a 5.1 mix

Try Adobe Audition. From there the mix can exported into .wav for DTS-CD or DVD-Audio. I've mixed NIN into 5.0 and did not bother with LFE.

You need like, Chrome or DVD-Audio solo for DVD-A. Any program that will create a DVD-Audio, DTS-CD or Multi-Channel DVD. Check the threads here in "Search." They're completely loaded with info.

Since pretty much everything associated with Ghosts I-IV was originally released for free via a Creative Commons license (and is still available from the official NIN account at archive.org), I hope I'm not violating QQ policy with this request, but: if anyone happens to have the DVD case cover art & inserts created by Marius Andrei Dima, could you send me a private message? Dima no longer seems to maintain the Behance page where he originally shared that artwork, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/11058749/Ghosts-I-IV-51-DVD

Last edited:
Back