NIRVANA - NEVERMIND 30th Anniversary Editions coming in MovemberšŸ˜Š

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I would love Nevermind in 5.1, bear in mind that the 5.1 on the deluxe blu-ray could be a concert mix.
I'd say @edisonbaggins is correct with this being a concert mix.... I've looked at several sites and they all state the blu-ray is a 5.1 concert mix...

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/nirvana-nevermind-30th-anniversary-edition/
Additionally, a Blu-ray of the complete and newly remastered in HD Live in Amsterdam concert video is included along with a 40-page hardcover book with unreleased photos.

Has anyone heard the apparently new 2021 192/24 remaster from HD Tracks HDtracks | You can hear the difference. Listen on the go in master studio quality. or the disc?

I've had a hard time getting a suitably convincing review from other forums but have read that it's a bit less "harsh" on the high end with a bit more low end than the BD, both of which sound good to me but wanted to see what QQers reckon before I cough up.

Anyone? Bueller?

Has anyone heard the apparently new 2021 192/24 remaster from HD Tracks HDtracks | You can hear the difference. Listen on the go in master studio quality. or the disc?

I've had a hard time getting a suitably convincing review from other forums but have read that it's a bit less "harsh" on the high end with a bit more low end than the BD, both of which sound good to me but wanted to see what QQers reckon before I cough up.

Anyone? Bueller?
The 20th Anniversary edition had terrible dynamic range. The HFPA BDA (also the 20th Anniversary edition)had terrible dynamic range. The 30th Anniversary edition is not much better IMO. The drums are more pronounced.

The best versions of Nevermind, to me, are the MFSL gold CD and the original vinyl.

The 20th Anniversary edition had terrible dynamic range. The HFPA BDA (also the 20th Anniversary edition)had terrible dynamic range. The 30th Anniversary edition is not much better IMO. The drums are more pronounced.

The best versions of Nevermind, to me, are the MFSL gold CD and the original vinyl.
Thanks for the reply! I might stick with what I already have.

Anyone? Bueller?
I havenā€™t heard it, but the comments Iā€™ve read have generally said itā€™s very compressed dynamically.

Thanks for the reply! I might stick with what I already have.
I think youā€™re just fine with those. I have the MFSL and the somewhat recent and very good Bernie Grundman vinyl cut (still in press, I think) and I have a hard time imagining the new one is remotely close to either of those.

I think youā€™re just fine with those. I have the MFSL and the somewhat recent and very good Bernie Grundman vinyl cut (still in press, I think) and I have a hard time imagining the new one is remotely close to either of those.
That Bernie Grundman pressing is highly regarded and can be found much cheaper than an original pressing.

So not worth paying for a box set for the 30th anniversary mix?

I'm hearing either the 2021 HDtracks remaster, the Bernie Grundman pressing or the MFSL CD (which is way out of my price-range at this point) is the way to go?

So not worth paying for a box set for the 30th anniversary mix?

I'm hearing either the 2021 HDtracks remaster, the Bernie Grundman pressing or the MFSL CD (which is way out of my price-range at this point) is the way to go?
I don't have the box set but the 2021 HDtracks remaster is the best mastering of the album I've heard. I recommends it I does.

Back