No surround for the new Tesla ...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, well, good enough for driving to the grocery then I guess. Let me clear a spot in one of my garages.

That touchscreen is so HUGE you would think it's a major distraction...the tendency would be to watch it and not the road..I'm not surprised that there aren't any CD or DVD transports...but...it's strange that you couldn't play music straight from your phone...you are forced to use a USB stick...it's a surprise that the "high end" audio system doesn't have surround...as far as "soupy" goes...I can only reference the urban dictionary for some clarity HERE

"Americans like their sound quite 'soupy'."

What the hell does that even mean?! Well by god, they just lost me as a customer!!

-- Jim, asleep, dreaming

I'd like to give Mr. Fabry the benefit of the doubt and assume by soupy he means immersive with sound not focused primarily on the fronts, as he seems to prefer. Possibly he's not familiar with the joy of discrete surround.

you can play music from your phone into the car .....via blutooth...just not by usb...

the larger hifi system is very good.....my dad has the premium set-up in his tesla....it sounds excellent ...and the car is amazing too

Back