DVD/DTS Poll Nosound - A Sense of Loss [DTS/DD DVD+CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of No Sound - A SENSE OF LOSS

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Content, Poor Fidelity

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on the CD+DVD 24bit 5.1 release from KScope records (available from Burning Shed and other places) (n):phones(y)

There's a previous thread regarding this title in the forum, including contributions from the artist, located here:

Nosound - A Sense Of Loss with 5.1 DVD

no sound.jpg

This has a great surround mix with DTS 5.1. Nice disc the only shame for me about the dsic was it was not a full DVDA.
Otherwise pleased with the disc and looking forward to more music from Nosound. not to dis-simimlar in sound to Steven Wilsons/Tim Bonesses No man. Different enough though to make it a worthy addition to anyones collection.

Also look out for Sol29.

Great songs and mix, very well done. Speaking of Tim Bowness, Tim and Giancarlo Erra from Nosound recently finished their Memories of Machines project. A few years in the making, it will be released soon. It is mixed by one Steven Wilson. Looking forward to that cd. And the concert they will perform on 17-04 in Zoetermeer on the 3rd day of the iO pages festival, along Nosound and others.

I ordered this disc when it was released (somewhere late 2009) and it is certainly pleasant surround wise. Musically it is not bad either, you could throw terms like post-rock, art-rock, post-progressive at it, but they don't mean much I think.
Not to make fun of anyone but the singing has a quite strong accent.

I'll give it a 9

Great songs and mix, very well done. Speaking of Tim Bowness, Tim and Giancarlo Erra from Nosound recently finished their Memories of Machines project. A few years in the making, it will be released soon. It is mixed by one Steven Wilson. Looking forward to that cd. And the concert they will perform on 17-04 in Zoetermeer on the 3rd day of the iO pages festival, along Nosound and others.

The Memories track that is available free from Burning Shed certainly makes me think that would be an excellent album.

Back