Not exactly music, but...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottmoose

500 Club - QQ All-Star
BBC Radio 3 broadcast the superb new adaptation of Don Carlos with Derick Jacobi & Richard Coyle last Sunday (1st May 2005 at 7pm). I saw this on its short London stint a month back, and I can honestly say it's the best piece of live theatre I've ever seen, with the exception of Jeremy Brett in The Secret of Sherlock Holmes back in 1989 (I saw the last show, which turned out to be his last ever stage performance before he died).
Good news 1) It transfered superbly to being a radio play, with a lovely stereo acoustic
Good news 2) Through both DPLII and DTS N6 it decoded magnificently to my ears at any rate into surround. I could hear footfalls from behind, pin-point placement of actors, enveloping music to cover where the brief pauses between scences once were on stage: all = a stunning 150mins of unconventional drama in subtle surround!

I haven't checked their website, but it should hopefully still be available to listen to for the next week or so, so if you've the slightest interest in high-quality drama, I suggest you try it out. Me; I recorded it into 16/44.1 redbook off the live 'net stream and have stuffed it onto a couple of CDs. I still have the 1.3gig. wav. file too, which I intend to play around with using some ambisonic plug-ins to see what I can create DTS wise when I get a spare moment (not that I'm very good at it I admit).
Scott

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I will try to get this drama recorded.

MTGC (Michael)

The light at the end of the tunnel is usually an oncoming freight train!

Back