Notable MCH engineers listing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this page on Elliot Mazer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Mazer
Seems he worked on a number of mixes not currently listed starting in 2002. Was it he who did the unreleased mix of Cheap Thrills? It is listed as (remix-SACD).

He did the 5.1 mix of Cheap Thrills, which is more of an ambient/crowd-in-the-rears affair. I don’t think we know who did the unreleased quad.

He did the 5.1 mix of Cheap Thrills, which is more of an ambient/crowd-in-the-rears affair. I don’t think we know who did the unreleased quad.

for me there's three main candidates for that Cheap Thrills Quad; Jim Reeves, Larry Keyes, Phil Macy.

Reeves did a lot of early, mostly unreleased mixes, it could be him. if you look through the Robin Reels, Keyes was doing Quads from the outset (Santana, Santana III, Abraxas, Ten Years After) although they did all ultimately see release so this would be an exception if it were him and Phil Macy purely because he did Janis Joplin's Pearl, also in amongst the Robin Reels. i may be barking up entirely the wrong tree(s) but they're my hunches fwiw.

May I respectfully suggest credit for King Crimson producer & manager David Singleton for the new 5.1 mixes of The ReconstruKction of Light and The Power To Believe.

(Especially since I'll be hearing him speak Sunday at the 50th Anniversary Celebration pre-show in Denver.)

dgm.png
BoilingFrightenedEastrussiancoursinghounds-small.gif

Gentle Giant - Three Piece Suite - Mixed by Steven Wilson. Didn't see it listed.

Also, Steven Wilson is listed for both Opeth - Deliverance and Opeth - Damnation. While Wilson did do the mix for Damnation, Bruce Soord did the mix for Deliverance.

Thanks guys, this is a great additional resource for the site! :)

Two entries (Artist/Engineers) missing

Big Big Train:
Stone & Steel
English Electric Recordings EERBR001
Blu-ray
5.1-Mix: Rob Aubrey/Neil Palfreyman

___

Big Big Train:
Reflectors Of Light
English Electric Recordings EERBR002
Blu-ray
5.1-Mix: Rob Aubrey/Neil Palfreyman

When you get time Adam the Alice Cooper's by Bob Ezrin*****
Welcome to my Nightmare
Billion Dollar Babies
And Muscle of Love

I’m doing some work on automating the Poll Reports generated by the same app that creates the Engineers page.

I‘ll regenerate a new Engineers page with any changes added over last few months.

Anymore additions, changes?

I’m doing some work on automating the Poll Reports generated by the same app that creates the Engineers page.

I‘ll regenerate a new Engineers page with any changes added over last few months.

Anymore additions, changes?

Hi, yes please make sure

Thomas Mowrey
http://quadraphonic.info/Thomas_Mowrey/
Is There, if he is not. He is a Founding father and innovator of Quadraphonic music. He’s a real good guy and super friendly and smart.

I’ve been dealing with mitigating circumstances over the last five years, which has not allowed me to contribute at QQ as world like. But definitely make sure he is there please, in his rightful place of honor.
Thanks!.

Back