NOW tell me Sony are not full of Shit!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no effort at all to be superior here.

Well it's certainly no effort being superior to you Jason, you talk the purest, most most distilled crap I've seen in years. It's a laugh a minute! (y)...except when you get insulting.(n)

All one has to do is look at the heading of this thread to see the level of "discussion" engaged in here.

If you really believe that, then why did you bother posting in the first place? Again you move the goal-posts and blame us for responding badly when you might better question what your own contributions generated. This isn't happening in a vacuum buddy - you said something that got a bad response.
Let me repeat that. You said something that got a bad response.

And then the personal attacks on me and the spouting of foul names, all because I call them as I see them and don't subscribe to the "big bad corporation is the root of all that's wrong with the world" mentality.

Oh for goodness sake, behave like an asshole and that is what you will be called. If you can't see the wood for the trees Jason it's time to move to the desert. I sincerely hope that when you get there, you can see the sand. If we can't hold the opinion that corporations are occasionally at fault for some things that go wrong with the world then what can we talk about?

Let's get back to the issue at hand:

1) The normal purchaser of audio does not care about DVD-A or SACD except that they're confusing. CD is good enough for this normal purchaser.

Sure, CD is good enough for most people. That would be why CD sales are plummeting in favour of digital downloads. CDs are no longer marketed the way they were, whereas downloads are given the red carpet treatment so it's no accident that sales of downloads are up as a result and CD sales are down. Until you see this fundamental truth for what it is Jason, you're lost in a fantasy world of your own design.

2) Sony attempted to educate the vast public and couldn't get them to budge. Then they threw in the towel. Horror of horrors: Sony wanted to make a profit on SACD, but ended up losing money bigtime.

Until you can furnish this forum with anything vaguely resembling evidence, we will continue to question that assertion. Find the evidence and we have a discussion.

3) A whole lot of people here think they are smarter than Sony. Talk is cheap. Let's see you prove it. Come out with a product that the general public is not interested in, and force them to buy it by spending millions of dollars on advertising. Then get back to me. LOL!

Again you resort to fantasy. Absolutely nobody here has claimed to be smarter than Sony. What has been said is that for various reasons we do not agree with Sony's decisions. And until such time as we the humble hi-res and surround forums have as much corporate power as Sony then please, don't compare us with them, it's so stupid it hurts. I can't actually quite believe that you wrote that. It robs you of any credibility whatsoever.

1) Sony are the multinational corporation here.
2) We are not.
Spot the difference? No? Oh well.

Look, normally I ignore people as provocatively stupid as yourself but as long as you want to provoke me I'll respond with as good humour as I can muster but please, don't ask me to prove Sony wrong, I can't. What we are doing here is expressing our heartfelt opinion on Sony's perceived mistakes. If you don't agree, fine. If you wish to persuade any of us to change our minds, provide evidence. If you still want an argument then by all means name the date and place. Words don't cover all possibilities after all.

Colin

I'm not saying necessarily that you bean-counter guys are making up having degrees, but it seems mighty peculiar, if it's true, that you all wouldn't recognize some realities about advertising budgets.

If you still want an argument then by all means name the date and place. Words don't cover all possibilities after all.

Colin

All right! It didn't take too long for you to threaten physical violence. LOL! :smack:

I am trembling at the thought of it, newbie. :51banana:

Anyway, if we ignore you and the other juvenile name-callers, I think most of us have found common ground. We all agree that Sony made assorted mistakes but that in the final analysis the mistakes didn't matter because the public was not and is not interested in a supposedly higher-resolution digital format.

I'm not saying necessarily that you bean-counter guys are making up having degrees, but it seems mighty peculiar, if it's true, that you all wouldn't recognize some realities about advertising budgets.

Who are you calling a bean counter? I have no accounting designation, and I do not have to prove my academic standing to you or anyone else ... and I am sure that I speak for Guy and Cai as well. I called you an asshole before, and I stand by it. Cai, go ahead and stop this crap. This guy has gone too far.

Anyway, if we ignore you and the other juvenile name-callers, I think most of us have found common ground. We all agree that Sony made assorted mistakes but that in the final analysis the mistakes didn't matter because the public was not and is not interested in a supposedly higher-resolution digital format.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Jason, you're a genius. You got me. I'm done.

To everyone else: I apologize for responding at all this guy.

Personal note for the future: Do not argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level.

Last word on the matter - I promise.

L8er,

Colin

I'm not surprised that a guy who can't argue anything on merits, who can only use playground insults, runs to a moderator for help.

One can see comparable things to this Sony discussion in other areas of life. It's always someone else's fault, isn't it? Substitute the President or Congress for Sony, and it's more or less the same--people don't want to realize that they themselves are the problem, they look for someone or something else to blame.

If it can be considered sensibly that not having SACD is a problem, then it is the lack of interest in it by the buying public that is at issue, not the corporation that invented it and marketed it. It's pretty obvious, really, or should be.

You know... I've been watching this thread and I even responded to it myself but this has moved from a civil discussion of the boneheaded moves by Sony to nothing more than name calling and meanness.... so...and this is on my own decision (not someone running to me).... thread closed....

We dont normally do this here either. Thank you.

Well, we were able to divert to a more civil conversation for at least a couple of hours. Oh well, I guess nothing could really stop this torrent of vomit.

Thread closed! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back