Nugen Halo Upmix: How To Use

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VSCurtis

Hi guys,

Is anyone here familiar with Halo Upmix and how to use it. I've just installed it, but I don't see an executable file. Is the interface web based? If so how do you access the site? The user manual isn't very helpful in this respect. Lots of information about the interface, but nothing about how to get there. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

It is a Plugin, various format, so it need a mch-enabled Host program such as Protools.

It is a Plugin, various format, so it need a mch-enabled Host program such as Protools.
Thank you this is helpful. Is Adobe Audition able to utilize the plugins or perhaps Foobar 2000? I'm a software engineer so I understand most of this at a high level, but this is new territory for me. The group here has been very helpful as I've begun to explore this new area. Thanks again.

It's called VST 2.4 Adapter (foobar2000:Components/VST 2.4 adapter (foo_vst) - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase). I've been using this for years with DTS Neural Upmix and it works really well, but have also tested with Nugen Halo (although I prefer Neural Upmix) and a few other VST plugins.

I've always been curious about the Nugen Halo decode and have used Neural before and liked it. If you don't mind me asking, what did you like & dislike about the Halo compared to Neural?

I like the simplicity of neural, and despite all the knobs available in halo, I couldn't get the same results. I first started playing with upmixing when specweb was released but I hated the swishy sound in the rear channels. I found neural could get really good separation with a much cleaner sound. I would quite like to try penteo out as there are several here who song it's praises (and Steve Wilson has also used it on some of the Yes remixes - so if he thinks it's good...)

Back