Off-Topic Posts from the Chicago Quadio Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well you know, i never was fan of Chicago but can't deny during 70s they was quite stable in delivering strong album after album.
past experience with Quadio by Rhino and AF didn't showed you anything?
if you're open to accept anything in quad, be careful what you wish for.
other way fanatical stubbornness will do more harm than good to all that HiRez surround renaissance from the past.

You have nothing to counter the facts - only your baseless opinion .. as I have demonstrated there are many top tier acts represented by Quad, a number of which are still desirable acts with extant Quad mixes eminently suitable for re-release now.

If I'm fanatically stubborn in my support of Quad, then you have proven time and again in this very forum that you are irrepressibly ANTI-QUAD and in favour of niche new surround music that has a similar modest customer/user base to the numbers of people seeking to buy reissued Quads on a modern format... but where does that get us?

Neither new 5.1 releases nor old Quad reissues are going to damage the market with regard to sales and the expansion in sales of Surround Music in general.

Surely the more Surround Music releases there are available - whether old Quad or new 5.1 - has got to be a good thing for ALL Surround Music enthusiasts.

I accept there are obstacles to Quad reissue now, challenges which new 5.1 releases of current non-mainstream or non-legacy/Classic acts (who control their own work and often remix their own work into surround and so forth) do not face:
1.) Licensing costs,
2.) Artist approval (or lack of),
3.) Locating useable 40-year old+ master tapes.

However, this wonderful place is QuadraphonicQuad, remember. It started with Quad, we are here thanks to Quad, there would be no new 5.1 surround music without Quad.

I AM a stubborn Quad fanatic, til I die - and I am unashamed in that - I am also fanatical about new 5.1 surround music, you've been here longer than I have, you have eyes to read everyone's posts about all this, including mine, the fact cannot have escaped your notice that Quad fans are by and large NOT anti-New 5.1 music releases. Look through the numerous posts here of many QQ members enthusiastically discussing new music in 5.1, as well as Quad.

I am open to BOTH old Quad and new 5.1 releases, you are patently not. I wonder why you persist here when you feel so strongly against the very thing, the glue that holds it altogether, Quadraphonic sound, the 4-channel music delivery system that started it all.

Yours is a most bizarre attitude imho and just as damaging, I would assert, to the future of Surround Music.

Meantime, this is a discussion about Quad, specifically about the glorious new Chicago Quad set.. so if you don't like it, why don't you go and clutter up another area of the forum with your anti-Quad agenda! Sheesh..! :mad:

That is stupid. Why would anyone go nuts over someone's opinion. I did not say Pink Floyd is better than Chicago, I said I prefer V to DSOTM. I am a huge PF fan but they cannot beat the Beatles, Santana or Joe Satriani in my book. Don't PF fans have any idea that there are other performers in this world? They can go as nuts as they want because if my opinions drive them nuts then they have much bigger problems than me.

Well, I once stated in this forum that there was a track on DSOTM that I particularly disliked as well as my reason for disliking it. Almost got my cyberspace balls cut off. At the risk of getting them hacked-off once again, I'll say that I prefer CTA to DSOTM albeit there are a couple of tracks on CTA that I don't like either.

Now , fellow brothers and sisters....

No need to get upset !!!!

I , for one find myself posting stuff that comes off as aggressive (most of the time it's when I haven't taken my meds) and that is not my intention ESPECIALLY in a place where I feel "at home" in the internet...

We post stuff that we feel is our point of view and sometimes is misinterpreted by other members..

Please do not get upset cause that will defeat the purpose of this Forum (and if it gets nasty, the mods will erase the ones they deem inappropriate)...

Now, let's get one thing clear:

WE ALL LOVE BOTH DSOTM AND THE QUADIO BOX AND ITS CONTENTS....at least I do...

...can't we all just..get along????

:smokin

Now , fellow brothers and sisters....

No need to get upset !!!!

I , for one find myself posting stuff that comes off as aggressive (most of the time it's when I haven't taken my meds) and that is not my intention ESPECIALLY in a place where I feel "at home" in the internet...

We post stuff that we feel is our point of view and sometimes is misinterpreted by other members..

Please do not get upset cause that will defeat the purpose of this Forum (and if it gets nasty, the mods will erase the ones they deem inappropriate)...

Now, let's get one thing clear:

WE ALL LOVE BOTH DSOTM AND THE QUADIO BOX AND ITS CONTENTS....at least I do...

...can't we all just..get along????

:smokin

We are getting along...that's just what it looks like when we do..:ugham: I don't think anybody is wound up.... not yet...hehe...Kap'n...even though I disagree with you a lot...you are still one cool dude(y)

ALL MUSIC LISTENING FANS OUT THERE! YOUNG & OLD, MALE, FEMALE & TRANS, WHATEVER RACE, COLOUR, CREED, GENDER PREFERENCE, OR SHOE SIZE, WHETHER YOU ARE RUNNING 2, 4, 6, 25 OR 6 TO 4 x SPEAKERS OR A SOUNDBAR (puke), WHETHER YOU LIVE IN A MANSION OR A SHOEBOX, ARE MARRIED, SINGLE OR D-I-V-O-R-C-ED, EXTROVERT, INTROVERT, BORDERLINE SOCIOPATHIC FORUM WARRIOR (gulp!) EVEN THE INTERNET TROLLS AND HOAXERS, THE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS, TERRORISTS, PACIFISTS, SAINTS AND SINNERS, DEVILS AND ANGELS, DAMIEN FROM THE OMEN, THAT GIRL WITH THE ROTATING HEAD SPOUTING PEA SOUP IN THE EXORCIST, NUNS, RABBIS, VICARS AND TARTS, CHARITY CHUGGERS, TRUCKERS, COWBOYS, COPS, CONSTRUCTION WORKERS, SAILORS AND NATIVE AMERICANS (ah, yes, even the Village People..), SEND IN THE CLOWNS, THE GYPSIES, TRAMPS AND THIEVES, EVEN THE EUROSCEPTICS.. AND, YES, EVEN THE SCORPIO'S, THE LEO'S AND THE GEMINI'S ;) ..ONE AND ALL SHOULD CONSIDER THIS CHICAGO QUADIO SET (AND REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!) FOR IT IS AN ABSOLUTELY JAW-DROPPINGLY MAGNIFICENT TREAT FOR THE EARS! INCLUDING THOSE WITH 2 EARS, THOSE WITH GOLDEN EARS, CLOTH EARS, BIG EARS AND EVEN THOSE WITH FOUR EARS (*)

(* Disclaimer: All just IMHO!).

:wave :woopie :worthy :banana:

Of course, I jest.. and I realise I've felt kinda compelled to uncharacteristically SHOUT at some people lately, which is unfortunate & regrettable, I hate all that... but in all seriousness, if I didn't care about this stuff I wouldn't pipe up to Quad's defense.. and really, this Chicago Box is exactly the kind of thing a number of people here have been clamouring after for years and rightly so.

Its here, its incredible.. I'm focussing on all that and forgetting about Pink Floyd right now - for now - much as I love DSOTM etc...

If we're going to compare avocados to aardvarks, for me there is no comparison, just in sheer value for money stakes, the DSOTM Immersion set has two surround mixes, distinct as they may be, of the same album.. this Chicago set has 8 albums and 1 hits compilation all in Surround.. Beat that..!!! :yikes

you are irrepressibly ANTI-QUAD and in favour of niche new surround music that has a similar modest customer/user base to the numbers of people seeking to buy reissued Quads on a modern format... but where does that get us?

Neither new 5.1 releases nor old Quad reissues are going to damage the market with regard to sales and the expansion in sales of Surround Music in general.
Adam, what makes you think i'm anti-quad? :p
frankly i have nothing against any surround formats but i see the problem in lobbying of anything and everything just because it's a quad without consideration of possible sales.
those quad masters in possession of commercial enterprises, which are ruled by bean counters. failure in sales due to lack of interest among general mass of consumers will led to
drop this quad matter at all. that's what happend with initial "Quadio" and seems moves today at AF. i hope and wish Chicago box sells well and we will see continuation.
but at same time, if there will be next box-set, i hope it wouldn't be Aretha but something more appealing to masses.

ALL MUSIC LISTENING FANS OUT THERE! YOUNG & OLD, MALE, FEMALE & TRANS, WHATEVER RACE, COLOUR, CREED, GENDER PREFERENCE, OR SHOE SIZE, WHETHER YOU ARE RUNNING 2, 4, 6, 25 OR 6 TO 4 x SPEAKERS OR A SOUNDBAR (puke), WHETHER YOU LIVE IN A MANSION OR A SHOEBOX, ARE MARRIED, SINGLE OR D-I-V-O-R-C-ED, EXTROVERT, INTROVERT, BORDERLINE SOCIOPATHIC FORUM WARRIOR (gulp!) EVEN THE INTERNET TROLLS AND HOAXERS, THE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS, TERRORISTS, PACIFISTS, SAINTS AND SINNERS, DEVILS AND ANGELS, DAMIEN FROM THE OMEN, THAT GIRL WITH THE ROTATING HEAD SPOUTING PEA SOUP IN THE EXORCIST, NUNS, RABBIS, VICARS AND TARTS, CHARITY CHUGGERS, TRUCKERS, COWBOYS, COPS, CONSTRUCTION WORKERS, SAILORS AND NATIVE AMERICANS (ah, yes, even the Village People..), SEND IN THE CLOWNS, THE GYPSIES, TRAMPS AND THIEVES, EVEN THE EUROSCEPTICS.. AND, YES, EVEN THE SCORPIO'S, THE LEO'S AND THE GEMINI'S ;) ..ONE AND ALL SHOULD CONSIDER THIS CHICAGO QUADIO SET (AND REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!) FOR IT IS AN ABSOLUTELY JAW-DROPPINGLY MAGNIFICENT TREAT FOR THE EARS! INCLUDING THOSE WITH 2 EARS, THOSE WITH GOLDEN EARS, CLOTH EARS, BIG EARS AND EVEN THOSE WITH FOUR EARS (*)

(* Disclaimer: All just IMHO!).

:wave :woopie :worthy :banana:

Of course, I jest.. and I realise I've felt kinda compelled to uncharacteristically SHOUT at some people lately, which is unfortunate & regrettable, I hate all that... but in all seriousness, if I didn't care about this stuff I wouldn't pipe up to Quad's defense.. and really, this Chicago Box is exactly the kind of thing a number of people here have been clamouring after for years and rightly so.

Its here, its incredible.. I'm focussing on all that and forgetting about Pink Floyd right now - for now - much as I love DSOTM etc...

If we're going to compare avocados to aardvarks, for me there is no comparison, just in sheer value for money stakes, the DSOTM Immersion set has two surround mixes, distinct as they may be, of the same album.. this Chicago set has 8 albums and 1 hits compilation all in Surround.. Beat that..!!! :yikes

I'm one who enjoys seeing someone get excited over one of these releases...usually the "honeymoon" is a short one before the complaints come pouring in..it wears me down hearing all the complaints...for once it's nice to see so many of us happy with a release..and the cancer from the village(SHF)hasn't spread over here which is awesome...even some of our most picky members are silent..that in itself is cause for celebration(y)..so my advice Adam is KEEP PUMPING THOSE FISTS...because it's worth all the fuss!

I think I may have been banned over ther at SHF. No reason given, but it won't let me post as of today. I thaught if you didn't get personal about someone you wouldn't get banned, I guess that isn't the case. One of my last posts was about the ONE GUY who called this release compressed, maybe that was it. Maybe it was my firm belief that there is nothing magical about subs and a quality three way speaker can do anything a sub can do...

I'm one who enjoys seeing someone get excited over one of these releases...usually the "honeymoon" is a short one before the complaints come pouring in..it wears me down hearing all the complaints...for once it's nice to see so many of us happy with a release..and the cancer from the village(SHF)hasn't spread over here which is awesome...even some of our most picky members are silent..that in itself is cause for celebration(y)..so my advice Adam is KEEP PUMPING THOSE FISTS...because it's worth all the fuss!

I think I may have been banned over ther at SHF. No reason given, but it won't let me post as of today. I thaught if you didn't get personal about someone you wouldn't get banned, I guess that isn't the case. One of my last posts was about the ONE GUY who called this release compressed, maybe that was it. Maybe it was my firm belief that there is nothing magical about subs and a quality three way speaker can do anything a sub can do...

Awesome!!!! So tell us how you really feel himey...are you upset or just confused? ;)

Neither. OK, maybe a little confused, guess I need to get an alias of some sort.

I guess I'm still a member there...the problem I had over there was that I was so far away from the majority of posters in common interests I had no starting point...it was just too big of a gap to even have a meaningful conversation....very little common ground...and some of the things that are presented as "facts" are mind boggling to me...I wouldn't last a day over there if I actually expessed my opinions..

I guess I'm still a member there...the problem I had over there was that I was so far away from the majority of posters in common interests I had no starting point...it was just too big of a gap to even have a meaningful conversation....very little common ground...and some of the things that are presented as "facts" are mind boggling to me...I wouldn't last a day over there if I actually expessed my opinions..

Steve Hoffman himself told me if I was willing to "float" him $50,000, he might consider getting a couple rear speakers. From reading his other posts there, he didn't pay anything for the rest of his expensive system either. I told him it must be nice living inside that bubble and to get someone else that wants the free publicity to give him the cash. Didn't bother me at the time, but looking back now, what a wank...

Otto's from Canada so you have to go easy on him today. :)
In case you don't know, it's our country's 149 birthday today!! :banana:
thanks but i'm not anyhow upset or infuriated or took it seriously.
honestly don't know why Adam get so much aggravated about my remark that Barbra Streisand's quad
albums won't be good candidate to begin with in this boxed Quadio matters.

Back