Off-Topic Posts from the Chicago Quadio Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks but i'm not anyhow upset or infuriated or took it seriously.
honestly don't know why Adam get so much aggravated about my remark that Barbra Streisand's quad
albums won't be good candidate to begin with in this boxed Quadio matters.

Then why don't you just drop it and move on.

I think I may have been banned over ther at SHF. No reason given.........

That's a shame. I got where you were coming from over there. It might be a short timed ban. I have no way of knowing.

UPDATE: I logged in and checked your posts. They don't say 'banned' and your profile and everything is accessible. Maybe you aren't.

Neither. OK, maybe a little confused, guess I need to get an alias of some sort.

I went over to that thread to see what happened...I'm quite sure your little "time out" is because you called out Gardo...I doubt that you are banned and you probably won't get an explanation....I decided to read thru some posts on the thread and it all came back to me....the reason I can't post over there...it's obvious that some of the most adamant posters over there have no idea what constitutes a quad friendly system...if they had a proper system(and it doesn't have to be expensive)they would have a totally different impression...and that's one of the problems I always noticed over there...they mention these things that they consider problems and they usually involved simple fixes(adjustments)...it's that whole "common ground" thing again for me...the difference on this forum is if someone is having a problem with something..they ASK for and ACCEPT advice...over there they are convinced that all problems are inherent in the source...not their own systems...they certainly aren't open to advice because they think they know everything...some of the negative comments on the Chicago set are laughable and clearly not a problem with the discs...

That's a shame. I got where you were coming from over there. It might be a short timed ban. I have no way of knowing.

UPDATE: I logged in and checked your posts. They don't say 'banned' and your profile and everything is accessible. Maybe you aren't.

It lets me log in but not post. I don't think it is fair, especially when they don't tell you what is going on.

I went over to that thread to see what happened...I'm quite sure your little "time out" is because you called out Gardo...I doubt that you are banned and you probably won't get an explanation....I decided to read thru some posts on the thread and it all came back to me....the reason I can't post over there...it's obvious that some of the most adamant posters over there have no idea what constitutes a quad friendly system...if they had a proper system(and it doesn't have to be expensive)they would have a totally different impression...and that's one of the problems I always noticed over there...they mention these things that they consider problems and they usually involved simple fixes(adjustments)...it's that whole "common ground" thing again for me...the difference on this forum is if someone is having a problem with something..they ASK for and ACCEPT advice...over there they are convinced that all problems are inherent in the source...not their own systems...they certainly aren't open to advice because they think they know everything...some of the negative comments on the Chicago set are laughable and clearly not a problem with the discs...

Gardo trashes this release multiple times, nobody agreed with him, and they block me from posting. Thanks for the friendly words.

Good Lord.....just reading your post makes me crazy. While I did sign up to be a member....I've never posted...and maybe only visited 3-5 times max. I hate the way it sounds and would implode if I had to read some of that crap. Thank God for QQ!!!

thanks but i'm not anyhow upset or infuriated or took it seriously.
honestly don't know why Adam get so much aggravated about my remark that Barbra Streisand's quad
albums won't be good candidate to begin with in this boxed Quadio matters.

Barbra Streisand is a legendary artist.
Are you oblivious or just obtuse!? :howl

Then why don't you just drop it and move on.

Thank you.

It's quite something having to actively defend disparaging comments about Quad by another member here.. it's ridiculous bordering on the insulting to everything Quad and its lasting legacy in the face of dissention and decades of dismissive negativity represents. Quad is a surround survivor. It won't go away, it is here to stay.

People tried to sweep Quad under the carpet for far too long after its untimely demise.
I don't care what any naysayers have to spout on about, I will stand up for Quad at every opportunity.

Quad is still as relevant now as ever, I would say even more so since consumer technology in people's homes has finally caught up at last with what those hugely talented Quad engineers were hearing in the studio when they mixed these multichannel marvels 40 or more years ago.

It should be a cause for celebration that Quad is having a 2nd coming now - and in such spectacular Hi-Res style, free from the constraints and limitations of its 1970's delivery formats of 8-track tapes and SQ matrixed vinyl and the like.. not something people (especially a fellow QQ-er!) would actively seek to condemn and consign back to the doldrums.

This Chicago Quadio release is an out and out triumph any which way you look at it.
"Dear Dr. Rhino; More, more, encore..!!"

Astoundingly TRUE. How many artists have won Academy Awards, Emmies, Tonys, Grammies and Golden Globe Awards and turned the Entertainment World upside down. I would go on to surmise that Streisand is WAY up there with any pop or rock artist who has ever graced a stage, film, recording studio, et alia. She WAS an EVENT. But like all artists of her stature, she was also an acquired taste. Her first eight Columbia albums were benchmarks of UTTER originality, good taste and still to this day stand the test of time.

That she NEVER was 'awarded' a hi res physical disc boxset IS criminal.

Astoundingly TRUE. How many artists have won Academy Awards, Emmies, Tonys, Grammies and Golden Globe Awards and turned the Entertainment World upside down. I would go on to surmise that Streisand is WAY up there with any pop or rock artist who has ever graced a stage, film, recording studio, et alia. She WAS an EVENT. But like all artists of her stature, she was also an acquired taste. Her first eight Columbia albums were benchmarks of UTTER originality, good taste and still to this day stand the test of time.

But she did record "Evergreen," and that is also criminal...

Still, Baggy'd dig a Barbs Box, but Baggy a FREAK!!!
:51banana:

oh well, the deeper in the jungle you go - the fatter cannibals can be meet
very interesting tendency, criticize everything about attitude at SHF to shut up everyone whos don't speak in unison with rest and practicing the same at QQ
in Merriam-Webster this defined by the word hypocrisy :p
and sure, Barbra is a legend but her sufficient sales in quadio box would be assured only on condition if HiRez Surround instantly will become domain of ladies.
and Adam, i assume you have tough time but even so, please, do not manipulate by replacing particular acts in quadraphonic by format itself.
i hope you're more intelligent than this :)

very interesting tendency, criticize everything about attitude at SHF to shut up everyone whos don't speak in unison with rest and practicing the same at QQ
and sure, Barbra is a legend but her sufficient sales in quadio box would be assured only on condition if HiRez Surround instantly will become domain of ladies.
and Adam, i assume you have tough time but even so, please, do not manipulate by replacing particular acts in quadraphonic by format itself.

On public music forums, I once learned (from posting at the old SA~CD.net) that it was absolutely IMPOLITE to critcize another's musical tastes.

I consider myself fortunate that I embrace ALL genres of music.......from classical to punk to Rap to pop to HEAVY metal to whatever [which includes all the rest]! It doesn't mean I like every artist that represents these genres...equally.

In fact, before I 'discovered' the Beatles, I listened to Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Andy Williams, Enoch Light, Henry Mancini and YES, Barbra Streisand. To me, she was a unique talent who at the time ruled the airwaves with her brilliant (at the time) TV specials, Broadway with Funny Girl and the music charts with one creative album after another presided over by her equally brilliant musical conductor of the time Peter Matz.

They took tried and true musical chestnuts and original material making them uniquely their own in a style which was sort of revolutionary at the time.

At approximately the same time, I also discovered Chicago, Janis Joplin, Blood, Sweat and Tears, Laura Nyro et alia......ALL unique talents in their own right who transcended the ordinary and scaled new heights.

BoxSets, IMO, should be reserved for major talents and now that Chicago has deservedly been served theirs, why NOT Barbra? Sure, she's NOT for everybody but throughout her storied career she has continued to surprise and for me that's what a true artist does.....surprise, titillate and transcend the ordinary. And while we're at it........MORE Janis, MORE Nyro and like I suggested to RHINO in a recent email praising them for their Chicago QUADIO boxset....why not liberate ALL those unreleased QUADs and 5.1s from their GRAVES and release them in one giant SURROUND boxset instead of one by one which by the time that's achieved....they will no longer be manufacturing physical discs.

And she has left the thrift stores and used bins over-flowing with excessive copies of all titles.

But she did record "Evergreen," and that is also criminal...

Still, Baggy'd dig a Barbs Box, but Baggy a FREAK!!!
:51banana:

"Evergreen" is one of my favourite songs of all-time, beautifully performed by Ms. Streisand, impeccably arranged and written by the master craftsman of songwriting himself; Paul Williams. Give it another listen without prejudice, it's a stunner in my book.

If Rhino or whoever issues such a Streisand set in hi-res, surround or whatever then it is fine with me. Barbra Streisand is recognized as a great talent, but I would not buy a box set because her music is not of interest to me.

My concern at this point with surround products is that a major marketing error kills the whole program. In my mind, Rhino's release of the Aretha Franklin Quadio, coming on the heels of C.T.A., was such an error. Two vastly different style acts targeted to the same man-centric classic rock / prog rock market that actually cares about surround sound. To make matters worse, Bob Vosgien hyped about how great the next Quadio was going to be and then dropped the Aretha bomb. While I am sure that many were happy with the Aretha release, another Chicago or Doobies Quadio would have made more sense as a second title. A boutique company such as Audio Fidelity may have been OK with the Aretha sales results, but not a label like Rhino which is owned by a major, Warner. And there was a deep recession going on, so poor sales results were magnified.

So whatever anyone releases in surround, let's hope that they do their homework first to ensure at least acceptable sales results.

1.) What are you talking about? I've not said anything about the SHF,
2.) Are you really calling ME a hypocrite for supporting and defending Quad while you do nothing but talk Quad down?
3.) I am not having a tough time with anything or anyone (but thanks for your concern ;) two can play at that game.. how sad you are!) apart from you being a jerk about Quad the whole time,
4.) Manipulation of what exactly? I keep coming up with facts, you keep coming up with condescension and thinly veiled snide comments (replete with those dear little emoticons, nice passive aggressive touch there buster :p ), dismissal of my opinion and a thoroughly unpleasant (and though I don't speak for anyone else) I would guess unwelcome here at QQ negativity towards Quad.

I don't need to check out any dictionary definition of anything - least of all hypocrisy - I'm not the one round here who has an obvious bias against Quad on a Quad discussion board! How hypocritical are you! Oh and I'm also not the one round here struggling with his words, so I'll let you get to grips with the dictionary a bit more, you've got a lot to learn. Though I could do with an "English > to Otto" translation book.

I won't be responding to you on this subject in this Quadio thread anymore, it's not beneficial to anyone here and it's not conducive to the thread which should be a positive one about the incredible new Chicago Quad release not cluttered up with your unpleasant unwelcome ANTI-QUAD RHETORIC.

Seriously disappointed in you.

1.) What are you talking about? I've not said anything about the SHF,
2.) Are you really calling ME a hypocrite for supporting and defending Quad while you do nothing but talk Quad down?
3.) I am not having a tough time with anything or anyone (but thanks for your concern ;) two can play at that game.. how sad you are!) apart from you being a jerk about Quad the whole time,
4.) Manipulation of what exactly? I keep coming up with facts, you keep coming up with condescension and thinly veiled snide comments (replete with those dear little emoticons, nice passive aggressive touch there buster :p ), dismissal of my opinion and a thoroughly unpleasant (and though I don't speak for anyone else) I would guess unwelcome here at QQ negativity towards Quad.

I don't need to check out any dictionary definition of anything - least of all hypocrisy - I'm not the one round here who has an obvious bias against Quad on a Quad discussion board! How hypocritical are you! Oh and I'm also not the one round here struggling with his words, so I'll let you get to grips with the dictionary a bit more, you've got a lot to learn. Though I could do with an "English > to Otto" translation book.

I won't be responding to you on this subject in this Quadio thread anymore, it's not beneficial to anyone here and it's not conducive to the thread which should be a positive one about the incredible new Chicago Quad release not cluttered up with your unpleasant unwelcome ANTI-QUAD RHETORIC.

Seriously disappointed in you.

For the most part I just avoid posts by Otto because most of the time I have no idea what he talking about..other than his non stop crusade against greed by the business world....he's never seen a parade he wasn't willing to rain on...he might be a candidate for the ignore button because I'm getting a little tired of his constant complaining about everything that isn't done like he would do it...like a broken chainsaw with cryptic references that only he can understand..he's the poster child for thread killing....Adam you are not alone in your frustration...

For the most part I just avoid posts by Otto because most of the time I have no idea what he talking about..other than his non stop crusade against greed by the business world....he's never seen a parade he wasn't willing to rain on...he might be a candidate for the ignore button because I'm getting a little tired of his constant complaining about everything that isn't done like he would do it...like a broken chainsaw with cryptic references that only he can understand..he's the poster child for thread killing....Adam you are not alone in your frustration...

More than anything, its so disappointing Clint, I thought he was a QQ friend.. instead he's making it personal, insinuating there's something wrong with me (!) and with every response to my fact-based posts I find I'm on the receiving end of barely concealed insults and snide.

If someone calls someone else a hypocrite in such a situation, when its plain as can be they are a well-meaning positive supporter of surround in all its forms, old and new, Quad and 5.1 etc., things have come to a pretty pass.. and well, I think I've had enough of him and it. Last word on the subject from me.

Back