• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

OFFICIAL "Cars with Factory Surround Systems" Listing

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

elshagon

Man 5.1 flac playback would be a dream. I'm guessing from the comments it doesn't do 88.2 or 96khz flac's? It would be a pain to downconvert them all to 48. I'm still enjoying my 2012 Hyundai Genesis which plays any kind of dvd-audio I throw at it, even burned with Imgburn. I wish the car had a bit more bass, but other than that the audio system is enjoyable. I'll have to check out the new cars coming out, I won't replace the Genesis until something better comes out to play my surround collection.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I just happened to have my drive right here as I was updating it. Here are the stats:

500Gb Drive, 465Gb usable
189Gb Used - 131 24/48 5.1 albums (some doubles included)
276Gb Free

So yeah, I would guess maybe 300 albums
I bought the same drive but in the 1TB version I have 328 albums on it currently with 502GB used and 428GB available. Total usable space 931GB Those are all 5.1 FLAC - no stereo files

elroy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I bought the same drive but in the 1TB version I have 328 albums on it currently with 502GB used and 428GB available. Total usable space 931GB Those are all 5.1 FLAC - no stereo files
I remember being excited about the 6-DVD-A changer in the 2004 TL!

Bender

Is there a slow lag time with the directory? I have only tested 10 albums on a small thumb drive on my buddy's car, we were very impressed. I am so ready to be able to do this when a get a car switch, (probably 2 years out).

QUIX4U

Banned
I built my own, when I was still single and had a Delica 4wd van, but that's what an avid inventor does isn't it,
(as no one can be expected to know how many surround / main ( All-Around™ ) channels that I want to work with).

In my testing room / ex-studio now house
(it's long since been converted into a home by the presence of a female counterpart - to the single old inventor who ruled his own castle - when alone a few years ago)
;-)
As for speakers in anything ..
25 mains - (plus an additional seven sub-woofers) is my best so far with a small finite number of just 88 speakers inside 64 cabinets, running the 25 bare / full frequency master channels

Youtube has a view of it "playing" - the tune of the YouTube national anthem - Dreams(es)cape 007

Apart from the old Delica - I haven't found anything since that died, to put a LOT of speakers inside
(oh and my new life partner hates my musical creations - or loud music of any sort - pity but - as she's a nice woman apart from that - and a few other foibles) ;-)