OFFICIAL Vehicles with Factory Surround Systems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full details will be released by Acura next week. However, the image I shared was from the official ELS Premium Audio Facebook page with the caption "Up next in our 3D lineup." Not sure what more you need as confirmation.
Thank you, I missed that line the first time. Now, my hope is restored. If only Honda could implement in their line too.

The new TLX was revealed today and it certainly does have the ELS 3D Audio system

tlx.jpg

Oh my, sure wish I would be working still for the next 3-4 years. Check out this new USB 5.1 .flac file player:

View attachment 51782

View attachment 51783
Wow. That looks awesome. Makes me want to trade in my RDX. I loved driving my TL. More sporty than my RDX. I wonder which vehicle will have the best sounding system. Definitely good news Acura is offering it in a new vehicle.

Finally watched the 15 minute video. Awesome car. Hope the ELS 3D is available on something less than the super top of the line, but doubt it. Do the Acura people get paid each time they say "dynamic" and "emotional"?

Finally watched the 15 minute video. Awesome car. Hope the ELS 3D is available on something less than the super top of the line, but doubt it. Do the Acura people get paid each time they say "dynamic" and "emotional"?

According to the docs, the TLX will start in the mid-$30K range. If it's anything like the RDX, all models will have the ELS 3D system, even the basic models. The difference in the RDX line is that the lower cost models don't have as powerful an amp or as many speakers, but they do play 5.1 .flac files (zero compression, 24/48) and they do output to a 5.1 array of speakers, just not as many.

Of course, this will require verification.

TLX cost.jpg

According to the docs, the TLX will start in the mid-$30K range. If it's anything like the RDX, all models will have the ELS 3D system, even the basic models. The difference in the RDX line is that the lower cost models don't have as powerful an amp or as many speakers, but they do play 5.1 .flac files (zero compression, 24/48) and they do output to a 5.1 array of speakers, just not as many.

Of course, this will require verification.

View attachment 51880
Good time to buy a car though. The dealers will be motivated to sell.

WOW! I thought the FLAC reading 5.1 was only on the A-SPEC for the RDX. Great news to hear the FLAC 5.1 USB is on all models. Living with an array of nearly irreplaceable discs in my car wherever I park, I will look forward to the day this can be done by USB alone. BTW is there a size USB, GB wise, you recommend for these?

WOW! I thought the FLAC reading 5.1 was only on the A-SPEC for the RDX. Great news to hear the FLAC 5.1 USB is on all models. Living with an array of nearly irreplaceable discs in my car wherever I park, I will look forward to the day this can be done by USB alone. BTW is there a size USB, GB wise, you recommend for these?

I am using a 500Gb Samsung USB drive myself, I think Bob Romano is using the 1TB model of the same drive. I've also used smaller sticks and fobs

I'm close to ten years behind you guys. I bought a 2012 MDX with 30K miles on it last November and to say I'm enjoying the system is an understatement. I have a Pioneer surround system in my truck and I haven't pulled it out of the garage for 6 months!

One problem that I've had to work around is DVD-As burned from ImgBurn won't play on the ELS system, though the same image burned from HD Audio Solo Ultra plays fine. I've spent a significant amount of time trying to figure out the difference between the two discs, but can't spot it. Does any one know what the problem is with ImgBurn DVD-As? (Note: The ImgBurn DVD-As play fine on my Oppo and Pioneer systems.)

I'm close to ten years behind you guys. I bought a 2012 MDX with 30K miles on it last November and to say I'm enjoying the system is an understatement. I have a Pioneer surround system in my truck and I haven't pulled it out of the garage for 6 months!

One problem that I've had to work around is DVD-As burned from ImgBurn won't play on the ELS system, though the same image burned from HD Audio Solo Ultra plays fine. I've spent a significant amount of time trying to figure out the difference between the two discs, but can't spot it. Does any one know what the problem is with ImgBurn DVD-As? (Note: The ImgBurn DVD-As play fine on my Oppo and Pioneer systems.)

That's odd because ImgBurn is all I used to burn DVD-A .iso files for my Acura's with DVD-Audio players.
One thing is that the Acura players do invoke the watermark, so you have to either remove that watermark or use DVD-A's that don't have a watermark, but I would guess you already know that.

I honestly have no answer for your issue. Very puzzling.

That's odd because ImgBurn is all I used to burn DVD-A .iso files for my Acura's with DVD-Audio players.
One thing is that the Acura players do invoke the watermark, so you have to either remove that watermark or use DVD-A's that don't have a watermark, but I would guess you already know that.

I honestly have no answer for your issue. Very puzzling.

Thanks Jon, at least I now know it should be possible. It can't be the watermark issue; since the same image burned from HD Audio Solo plays fine. It's got to be a setting somewhere in ImgBurn, but I can not figure out what it is. I thought maybe the disc needs to be finalized or something, but can't see a way to do that in ImgBurn. I'm using Verbatim DVD-R blanks.

It took me a while to settle on getting the Samsung drive snug in the car. The key was to replace the long cable that came with it with a 6 incher:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZVEUIE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then I used a 90 degree adapter so the port in the car had no stress on it, some velcro, and voila! Easy to pull off via the velcro, and the drive and the cable do not get tangled up anymore with whatever junk I toss into the little bin.

This is the drive:

https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Port...msung+t-5&qid=1595037129&s=electronics&sr=1-2
RDX HD.jpg

It took me a while to settle on getting the Samsung drive snug in the car. The key was to replace the long cable that came with it with a 6 incher:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZVEUIE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then I used a 90 degree adapter so the port in the car had no stress on it, some velcro, and voila! Easy to pull off via the velcro, and the drive and the cable do not get tangled up anymore with whatever junk I toss into the little bin.

View attachment 51957
I am guessing you can get at least 200 DVD-As on this at 24/48. Is that about right?

I am guessing you can get at least 200 DVD-As on this at 24/48. Is that about right?

I just happened to have my drive right here as I was updating it. Here are the stats:

500Gb Drive, 465Gb usable
189Gb Used - 131 24/48 5.1 albums (some doubles included)
276Gb Free

So yeah, I would guess maybe 300 albums

I am pretty sure you need at least the Technology Package to get the ELS audio system that plays 5.1 FLAC. Less than a Technology Package is a base model, and you'll not get the 5.1 goodness.

I am pretty sure you need at least the Technology Package to get the ELS audio system that plays 5.1 FLAC. Less than a Technology Package is a base model, and you'll not get the 5.1 goodness.

You might be correct (and probably are). I never tried it myself, but I am recalling a thread over at the Acura forum where they were surprised that the 5.1 played on a "lower model" but that might have been like you said, the Tech Package model. I just posted over there to see if anyone has tried it and will report back. The base model has 9 speakers but I am not sure about the head unit, and the user manual does not clarify anything other than it will play .flac files.

The base model does not reference ELS at all in the audio system name. It’s just called the Acura Premium Sound System.

It would be cool if Acura secretly supports 5.1 even at the base level.

Back