Official QQ COVID Vaccine Thread (No Politics)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
And for ALL you ANTI~VAXERS who need a lottery or other 'gimmick' to convince yourselves to be vaccinated, a number of my friends who succumbed to COVID after a full year are still experiencing shortness of breath, chronic fatigue and aches and pains.

It's NO joke people. Roll up your sleeves!

Bill B

And according to Doctor Fauci: Time For Your BOOSTER SHOTS!

Had my first Moderna Shot in late December 2020 and my second in February 2021 and now it's time for a BOOST!

With Covid still RAMPANT in India, Japan and as Dave asserts, Toronto, we're far far away from being out of the woods.
I thought they were still trying to determine if and when a booster shot would be needed. The latest was 8 to 12 months with the jury still out. If you got your second vax in Feb you should be good until at least Sept/Oct at minimum.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I thought they were still trying to determine if and when a booster shot would be needed. The latest was 8 to 12 months with the jury still out. If you got your second vax in Feb you should be good until at least Sept/Oct at minimum.
My philosophy, Bill, is BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. Since it's definitely been determined that people who did receive BOTH shots still came down with COVID [albeit: a milder form] and it's still indeterminate how long the two shots will be effective, as soon as the Booster shots are available/approved, I'm going to get one.

Bill B

My philosophy, Bill, is BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. Since it's definitely been determined that people who did receive BOTH shots still came down with COVID [albeit: a milder form] and it's still indeterminate how long the two shots will be effective, as soon as the Booster shots are available/approved, I'm going to get one.
I am guessing it's going to become like the annual Flu vax. I have been getting one of those every year for the last 20 years. Hopefully they will be able to make one cocktail vax that you get every year for both.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I am guessing it's going to become like the annual Flu vax. I have been getting one of those every year for the last 20 years. Hopefully they will be able to make one cocktail vax that you get every year for both.
I get the flu shot too. Learned my lesson a few years ago when I was lethargic for 23 days straight. But the flu shot in any given year is only 50~60% effective [sometimes way less] and I believe, like you, the Covid shot will be another annual shot in the arm!

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
And for ALL you ANTI~VAXERS who need a lottery or other 'gimmick' to convince yourselves to be vaccinated, a number of my friends who succumbed to COVID after a full year are still experiencing shortness of breath, chronic fatigue and aches and pains.

It's NO joke people. Roll up your sleeves!
A buddy of mine was in and out of the hospital three times because of a bout with COVID. The last time he went in he was on a vent for 5 weeks but fortunately came out of it.

The flu is no joke either. I got it once in the '90s and swore I'd never get it again and I've gotten the vaccine each year since.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Back in 2000 or 2001 I got a virus and because I did not have severe enough symptoms I waited til the 3rd week to seek medical attention.
No cough , no fever , just a bit of sinus problems . "At the time it was all over the media that Doctors prescribe too many anti-biotics" , so I waited. By the third week my hearing was affected in one ear and shortly after the second ear became a problem in hearing.
So I gave in as it was not going away ,I went to see my Doctor and he said that it was a bad infection ear and nose ,, plus he said I should have come in sooner .
Long story short he put me on the anthrax antibiotics -CIPRO .
I got better in a few days , but now I have some hearing damage.

Anyway I learned my lesson .

And on Tuesday last week I got my 2nd jab of Pfizer , so one more week and I should be almost immune to Covid.

But I think because of the nasty variants from covid ,with newer ones still occuring fwiw ...we'll need annual booster shots. The sooner the rest of the world is VAX'D , through the help of weathier Countries the safer we will all be. You'd think the wealthy would understand this , but greed still exists even in a pandemic and there's money..... a large profit to be made from the suffering of others.
Too bad the vaccination patents are not shared with all Countries , its in the interest of all people to expedite stopping this dangerous virus.

watsontr

500 Club - QQ All-Star
My wife and I got our first AZ shot on Thursday. We'd been delayed for about a month because we'd been on a Novavax vaccine trial and NSW health wouldn't commit it being okay to be administered both. So I got mine on Thursday afternoon and all was fine. At 4:00 am the next morning I woke with overall body aches and a bit of a headache. It seemed to affect my wife much more but today we are both pretty much back to normal and had a good long sleep last night. Unfortunately, as of 6:00 pm tonight, we are in lockdown once again for 14 days.

AYanguas

I've got second dose from AstraZeneca yesterday, just 12 weeks after the first. No election because I'm older than 60. In Spain, for younger than 60 the governement recommends Pfizer for the second dose after AstraZeneca, because of the world alert about the blood clots. But many people having to decide, has listened to the science evidence and has choose also AstraZeneca for the second dose.
My wife still waiting for her second in two or three weeks.

After 24 hours, it seems I feel better than after the first shot. Just a minor littlle pain in the site of the puncture and I think less tired than the first. I feel perfectly OK.

watsontr

500 Club - QQ All-Star
In Spain, for younger than 60 the governement recommends Pfizer for the second dose after AstraZeneca, because of the world alert about the blood clots.
Same in Australia. You can only have AZ if 60+. The Australian government will phase out AZ by October

Last edited:

Petr Kropotkin

My wife and I got our first AZ shot on Thursday.
Can I ask what evidence they gave you about getting the shot? My Medicare Card has expired (I haven't been to a doctor for about 15 years), and I don't have a mobile phone, but I'm eligible for the AZ one, so I wondered if they gave you a print out of something to confirm it. Thanks.

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Can I ask what evidence they gave you about getting the shot? My Medicare Card has expired (I haven't been to a doctor for about 15 years), and I don't have a mobile phone, but I'm eligible for the AZ one, so I wondered if they gave you a print out of something to confirm it. Thanks.
I thought a Medicare card only expired when you did...

Old Quad Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
In America and perhaps elsewhere, the shots should be free or low cost. Over here, just about any pharmacy has the vaccine. If anyone doesn’t have medical care, there should be programs or insurance at an affordable rate, hopefully. Please check with your local city, county or state for information.
Just don’t want anyone to suffer with health issues from not having access to a Doctor.

gene_stl

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
At this time in the USA I think the shots are supposed to be free of charge. I have not heard of anyone being charged for them.

Last edited:

Petr Kropotkin

In order to get the shot or that the shot was AZ? I didn’t ask for either as our shots were administered by our GP and they had contacted us to tell us that they were administering AZ for those 60 or greater
I mean that if some official asks you to show evidence as to whether you were vaccinated, what would you be able to produce to prove you were. Did you get a hard copy/printout saying you had received the vaccination, or was it confirmed thorough your phone, so you only have digital evidence?

The rationale for asking is that I'm intending to emigrate to Canada after October. I don't have a mobile phone, and my Medicare card has expired, so if Canadian Immigration wants to know if I've been vaccinated, can I show them a printout, or is it all digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.