Official QQ COVID Vaccine Thread (No Politics)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

watsontr

500 Club - QQ All-Star
The rationale for asking is that I'm intending to emigrate to Canada after October. I don't have a mobile phone, and my Medicare card has expired, so if Canadian Immigration wants to know if I've been vaccinated, can I show them a printout, or is it all digital?
My understanding is that this information is only available through Medicare via the MyGov website so you may need to renew your Medicare card. I just checked mine and it shows my vaccination. Elsewhere it states that I've only had the first dose

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.03.27 pm.png

I'm unaware of how you may be able to get a printout and wonder how acceptable that may be as proof for another country?
Regards
Tom

Bill B

At this time in the USA I the shots are supposed to be free of charge. I have not heard of anyone being charged for them.
Yes the shots are free. I know a lot of people that got vaccinated and none of them had to pay or provide any medical insurance information.

Bill B

I mean that if some official asks you to show evidence as to whether you were vaccinated, what would you be able to produce to prove you were. Did you get a hard copy/printout saying you had received the vaccination, or was it confirmed thorough your phone, so you only have digital evidence?

The rationale for asking is that I'm intending to emigrate to Canada after October. I don't have a mobile phone, and my Medicare card has expired, so if Canadian Immigration wants to know if I've been vaccinated, can I show them a printout, or is it all digital?
Here in the US we get a "Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card" with the vaccine type, batch number, location of vaccination and date. I doubt a foreign country would rely on that because it could easily be faked.

gene_stl

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Here in the US we get a "Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card" with the vaccine type, batch number, location of vaccination and date. I doubt a foreign country would rely on that because it could easily be faked.
They might. In the old days we had the smallpox booklets that were equally fakeable. Although we didn't have scanners and printers then. :rolleyes:
But you could get the blank booklets. You would just have needed to fake a signature and stamp.
Of course why would you???

Last edited:

Soundfield

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
In the UK we got a simple little appointment / record card....

Vax Cert Card.jpg

They're not intended as "COVID Passports" though. I don't think the government has decided whether it will implement such a scheme.

gene_stl

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
they are also fighting about "COVID passports" here too. The horse is probably already out of the barn on that.

stormchaser

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Apparently Iceland is for entry. Headed there in about ten days.

Titch

In future, expect to have to be tested before travelling to another country, as well upon arrival in your destination country, in order to show you have a negative test. Proof of vaccination status will probably only be valid in your country of origin, upon return, to avoid mandatory quarantine after testing. If you thought security, passport and customs queues were tedious, just wait until you have to navigate the COVID-check queues.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I mean that if some official asks you to show evidence as to whether you were vaccinated, what would you be able to produce to prove you were. Did you get a hard copy/printout saying you had received the vaccination, or was it confirmed thorough your phone, so you only have digital evidence?

I Don't know about AUSTRALIA ......but in Canada they are issuing Provincial Fully Vax' d cards.
A type of vaccine passport for immunity proof.

I've now gotten both Pfizer jabs and it's been 14 days this last Tuesday for my second jab ....and hopefully my last. Now I need to get that card - for proof of being fully VAXD .
And I had zero flu-like side effects from the 2nd Jab just a bit of a sore arm for 1 day.

Soundfield

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The UK is planning for booster jabs in the Autumn-
"The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has been asked to consider the options for a potential coronavirus (COVID-19) booster programme.
The JCVI’s interim advice is that any potential COVID-19 booster programme should be offered in 2 stages from September, starting with those most at risk from serious disease.
In Stage 1 of a potential booster vaccination programme for 2021 to 2022, the following groups should be offered a booster dose and the flu vaccine from September:
  • adults aged 16 years and over who are immunosuppressed
  • those living in residential care homes for older adults
  • all adults aged 70 years or over
  • adults aged 16 years and over who are considered clinically extremely vulnerable
  • frontline health and social care workers
In Stage 2, the following groups should be offered a booster dose as soon as practicable after Stage 1, with equal emphasis on the flu vaccine where eligible:
  • all adults aged 50 years and over
  • all adults aged 16 to 49 years who are in an influenza or COVID-19 at-risk group
  • adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals"